Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Refreshing data in portal

Gula

This topic is 6933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This question was probably asked before, tried to search for it, but couldn't find. We are using Filemaker 6.

There is a portal that filters data according to a "Status" field. It shows all records in status "Working". The problem is that if one of the users opens a layout with a portal, and another user moves record into "Working" status, the record doesn't appear on the first user's portal. Hovewer when record's status is changed from "Working" to anything else, it does reflect on the portal of the first user.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

We tried that, the changes don't apply no matter what second user does.

I found the Filemaker 7 bug fixes list

The item 1.6.1. seems to be our prolem

http://www.filemaker.com/ti/109446.html

If anyone knows workaround, it would be appreciated.

I tried adding refresh window, go to another layout, flush to disc, but I think since all that is triggered on the second user's side, the first user's screen still remains same.

Note, I mentioned it before, the problem occurs only when portal gains records, when it looses them, the update is immidiate.

Well, the fix is for previous versions of 7; it is not related to the way 6 behaves.

Is the first user in the portal or merely viewing it without being in either the portal or the current record's fields?

• 3 months later...

I have a similar problem in a multi user (fm6) database.

If you incorperate a screen refresh in the script to get to the main database, that sometimes updates the portal.

I have not completely nailed this one either. But hope this helps you

Jerry

Gula:

The portal *should* refresh once the user who is marking the record has left that record, because what's essentially happening is that the portal can't display the record as the record hasn't entered the relationship yet. The record will disappear immediately once "Working" is changed to something else, because the record has immediately departed from the relationship. It doesn't sound right, but that's the way it works.

-Stanley

This topic is 6933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.