Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with decimal places after publishing onlin

This topic is 7028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just tested this with FMP7 IWP and it seems to work fine, but if you're using v6, that isn't very helpful. One way around this would be to display the data using calculation fields which round to the appropriate digit.

Howdy! I just copied 133.493828434 and pasted into a number field and then set the field format on the layout to 2 digits and I see 133.49 until I click in it and then I see the long value. On IWP, it shows up as 133.49 until clicked in, just as in FM. I did not use the

Beleive it or not this is a calculation that I use as a custom function in FMP7 that adds comma's and decimal.

This is what we use to display numbers on the WEB as we had the same problem

(number_to_comma_gn) is the number you want to display correctly

"$ " & If( GetAsNumber(Int(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn)) &

Case(Int(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn)) = GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn);".00"; Left(Mod(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn); 1) &

"00"; 3)))>999; Left(Int(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn)) &

Case(Int(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn)) = GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn);".00"; Left(Mod(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn); 1) &

"00"; 3)); (Position(Int(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn)) & Case(Int(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn)) = GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn);".00"; Left(Mod(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn); 1) & "00"; 3)); "."; 1; 1)-4)) &

"," & Middle( Int(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn)) &

"00"; 3)); (Position(Int(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn)) &

"00"; 3)); "."; 1; 1)-3); 20); Int(GetAsText(number_to_comma_gn)) &

"00"; 3)))

Hope this helps

Stu

This topic is 7028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.