This topic is 7015 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this is repetative. I tried to add onto a string which I think was done.

I need to parse out a field into different records. I have a field that is as follows:

xi

xi

I need to make new records for each of the values. I can figure out how to enter the first value "xi", in a new record:

Left( text;Position (text ; "

Create a value list based on the field, using a self-relationship based on serial and starting from the original table, so that it lists only one instance of each item from the current record's field. Then

Go to Related Record [show only related; selfrel|serial]

Set Field [globaltext; ValueListItems( Get(FileName); "yourvaluelist" )]

Duplicate Record/Request

Go to Related Record [selfrel|serial]

Omit Record

Loop

Set Field [textfield; Substitute( MiddleValues( globaltext; Get(RecordNumber); 1 );

Thank you, that worked great for the one record. But how do I loop through many records and create new ones for each. I am confused as to how the whole "show omitted only" works. I would rather duplicate a record because I need the same criteria in each one except for the parsed field.

For example I have fields: "word", "occurances", and "pages". I have the "text" field with all the data that needs to be parsed, they are page numbers. So one record is for the word "Cleveland" with "6" occurances and:

"ix

572"

in "text". I want a total of six records with the word "cleveland" "6" in occurances and one of the "text" numbers in "pages".

then I need to go to the next record and do the same thing.

I'm am confused.

This topic is 7015 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.