Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP 7 vs. "The Works" Posting

This topic is 6807 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone sucessfully converted the infamous "The Works" application into FMP 7? (See this posting to find out about "The Works": [url="http://www.fmforums.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=74935&an=0&page=0#74935"]http://www.fmforums.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=74935&an=0&page=0#74935 )

I've followed FMP conversion protocol (converted sub-folders first, then main folders into version 7; read the author Kennedy's notes on how to open the files with the master passwords etc. I even gotten into some of the scripts and changed the hard coded file names from xxxxx.fp5 to xxxxx.fp7. BUT I still really haven't been able to "take control" of the app - even to just see how it works. I've tried sending Kennedy a message - but no dice.

It seems like a brillant piece of work - I can't believe that no one has tackled this before. At the very least, if someone has advice on how best to approach it - I'd really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Mark L.

• 3 months later...

I had a look at the files and found they are protected with FM's native password protection. So, unless you have access to the developer's password, you can't get in. I assume that this was an oversight on Brian's part when he uploaded the latest version. I don't think the earlier version had this password protection on it. Alas, I haven't seen Brian posting here recently, so he may be unaware that there are people trying to get in.

Hi bob,

You have to hold down the Option Key at start up,

Use [color:"blue"] master

then

[color:"blue"]brian

HTH

Lee

[color:"red"] Also, see my follow up post to the other post click here

• 2 months later...

Bob-

I just happened to accidentally run across your response to my posting - thanks for looking into my request. Does the posting above this one about the password help solve the access problem?

It's certainly not urgent, but if you could check it out - that would be great.

Thanks,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what the problem is, the search engine has been acting funny, and any file posted to a link other than This Topic Area "Sample Files & Open Source", was lost when we changed the Forum Site a couple of months ago.

I just tried to find the link too, and I'm not finding it either, however, this might be something that Stephen is trying to fix, I hope so anyway.

HTH

Lee

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.