expressing number in time format

This topic is 6998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a function that will express any number in time format, eg 2.5 (hours) or 150 (minutes) or even 9000 (seconds) returns 2:30:00?

Also, does anyone know of a timer that works with Filemaker, that can count down (or up) in realtime from a particular timestamp?

1. Time in FMP is just the number of seconds elapsed since midnight. Any calculation field whose result is set to time, will display the resulting number formatted as time.

Example:

cTimeField is a calc field (result is Time) = NumberField;

you enter 60 into NumberField;

cTimeField now displays 0:01:00.

2. Not sure what you mean by "timer" - something that will go off after a preset time, as for boiling eggs? You could try simply pausing a script, although I am not sure how accurate that is. I believe a looped script checking the real clock could also be devised.

1. As I suspected - simple when you know how. I made one calc field with a calculation that returns a number of seconds, and set the result to time.

2. Sort of, but not for boiling eggs. I have a job tracking module which includes clock on and clock off buttons. 'Clock off' has a script that totals the time spent so far on the job, but I wanted to add a script to 'clock on' which would display a clock counting down the remainder of the time allocated to that job. I've set up a looped script which does this, pausing for 60 seconds per loop. This does the trick.

Thanks for your help.

This topic is 6998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.