Graphic Elements Center

This topic is 6933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My real job is Graphic Designer (sorry for my bad English)

Here is the Idea

I have design (And Copy) the last 2 years over a 3.000 Graphic Elements (GE) with Over A 500.000 VARIANTS

I wrote an automation with applescript Quickeys And Serious Photoshop Action to make the production of Defferent Colours and Sizes

The reason is to have a table or a file with this Graphic Elements in and relation them with Global fields in any of my databases

The format is PNG the only format that support tranparency.

I seperate the Huge collection with these categories

Arrows

RadioButtons

SquearButtons

Windows

PopUp Menus Down

PopUp Menus UP & Down

Check Boxs

Navigation

CD Player

CheckMarks

DiamondMarks

BulletMarks

DashMarks

Text Labels

Text Fields

Search Fields

Tabs (Big, Mid, Small)

Bars

Procces Status

Arrows on Buttons

All the Graphic Elements is from Technically view in very very high quality.

You can insert (not paste) a Button or any GE you want and put it on any background to see what I mean.

The buttons comes with various sizes from 25 to 325 pixels (5pixels per size) to help the developer

The Button logic "Right side" "middle" "right side" is LOST TIME for everyone. You have to redesign the button who know s how many times....!

The concept is to share with you All my Graphics Elements and 5 or 10 developers of you COLLABORATE to make a file with few tables and right structure to manage them and find a logic to relation them with any main database. Sorry But i M not not so good FM developer

I upload a few samples of my work to see the quality.

If you agree with the concept I can upload 1000 GE per Day to Share them With this FM Community

What do you think?

George Toubalis

Art Director

Archive.zip

• 2 weeks later...

George,

The icons are excellent and free is even better. It sounds like you are just looking to create a way of storeing and cataloging your images. I would be willing to help. I have some time available. How long do think this will take.

-Al

George, while I don't currently have the time to help you catalog, I certainly would be interested in professionally drawn graphic elements. Would you be willing to send them to us over the Internet, zipped in pieces if necessary?

Steve

No No..... I' m not just looking to create a way of storeing and cataloging my images . the dream is to make an image source for every database we make. This is where I want you COLLABORATION. To find the common and the right way to do this. Organise the images / Find easy the right image / Take the PK id of image / put it in the right key in our table.

Do you realize the possibilities

One Idea is...

I have make a full automation system for nameing the images (see the image that I have upload) and then in the time of import we can seperate the name to keys in different fields (Fks)

The categories, the status are predefined (With name and PK) in their tables. So we can have a relationship...

I thing that with that fact.... (a castomized name of every image) its a piece of cake for you (all of you) to design the structure. Just tell me how to you want to name the images...

George

test.jpg

without your help (all of you or some of you) to make the system I can't upload my images

Give a reason to do this. !

Sure If we start the project I can upload 1000-3000 images for testing.. but not all

How about to make my own ,upload it and you do (all of you or some of you) IMPROVEMENTS that SURE have to be.

George

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great graphics! I have been meaning to put together a collection like this for a very long time, using screenshots from AppleScript Studio, but I never got around to it.

Good job & thanks again!

Brian

George said ... It seems that nobody cares about the garish design.

Oh I care, George. I have 15,000 graphics collected and I've been working (between other things) at categorizing them ... there are sets and types and colors and sizes and backgrounds! It's difficult.

I stopped the project when I realized 1) my copy/paste method was destroying the transparency (Windows system), 2) Macs don't *see* my graphics as I see them (many have white backgrounds on Mac but don't on my system), 3) that the quality of most graphics is poor and they aren't optimized (Leb i Sol is really into this also and knows how to optimize them for display/storage size), 4) not wanting to bog down my networked system with graphic elements until I understood how to optimize them (I'm using mostly native FM elements currently) and 4) simply not enough time.

Your goal is indeed worthy. It never seems like I have the right icon or I'm having to create my own. But even with my very large collection (that is semi-categorized), it is quite time-consuming and it needs to be done right. You'd be surprised at the quality of some of the graphics I've collected and that I have further mutilated in my attempts at storing them. I will keep this high on my list and I appreciate your post very much!! smile.gif

LaRetta

This topic is 6933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.