Help with invoice/invoicelineitems/products portal

laker_42

This topic is 6998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working on an invoice layout. I have an invoice line items portal on the invoice layout. We have too many products to have the product ID field in the portal be a drop down list. So I created a script that would pop up a window showing all of the products. The user clicks into the product id field of the product they are adding to the invoice and then clicks a button. The button I had going back to the portal and go to last portal row and pasting the product id value into it. It isn't consistently going to the last portal row. It sometimes will overwrite the first product entered into the portal. How can I get this to work consistently. Do I need to set a global field with the number of the last row before I go to the products window and then use the go to portal row [calculation] when I come back? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

John

Ok, I think got this working. Before I go pop up the window with the products, I go to the last row in the portal and set a global field with Get(Portal Row Number). I then have the user select the product ID they want and it then use the Go to Portal Number(Global Field). This seems to be working consistently. Is this the best way to accomplish this? Also, the portal row that I just added won't show up until I click out of the portal. Is there a way to get the script to refresh this so the item shows up in the portal right away?

Thanks!

John

Assuming you mean Go to Portal Row, yes, it will work. It should also work using Go to Field [portalrelationship::someFieldInPortal] Go to Portal Row [Last], assuming no data has been entered in the row yet that would cause it to be re-sorted.

Use Commit Records/Requests to perform the same action as clicking onto a non-field portion of the layout. You can then repeat the Go to Field, Go to Portal Row step, if you want the user to remain in the portal after the commit step.

This topic is 6998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.