Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Showing only certian items in a repeating field.

This topic is 6991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a DB that adds start time and end time.The result is elapsed time for a bike race. There are 8 races in the series thus the fields repeat 8 times. I get my results by showing the info on a layout that finds the catagory, class, and sorts descending. If I wanted this script to only show the result of a certian race in the series how could I only get the result from a certain race in the series?

Repeating fields work much like arrays do. Which only helps if you are a programmer and know what an array is and how it works B)]

Anyway - if the 8 'slots' in the fields are consistent, like repetition 1 is for race 1, repetition 2 is for race two, and so on ...... You can use some fairly simple calculations and the GetRepetition function.

If you are scripting this and only want to display the info, this idea should work -

If you want to show only repetition 3, then set a field up in this way -

GetRepetition ( repeating field , 3 )

If you wanted to get somewhat fancy about, you could set up a global number field that would be used to temporarily hold the repetition number you want. Then, the calc would look like this -

GetRepetition ( repeating field , GlobalFieldName )

I have a DB that adds start time and end time.The result is elapsed time for a bike race. There are 8 races in the series thus the fields repeat 8 times. I get my results by showing the info on a layout that finds the catagory, class, and sorts descending. If I wanted this script to only show the result of a certian race in the series how could I only get the result from a certain race in the series?
By redesigning to get rid of the repeats. This is exactly why you shouldn't be using them.

This topic is 6991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.