The new FMPug website is now live.

This topic is 6948 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am pleased to announce that the new FMPug web site is now live and we invite you to take it out for a stroll.

http://www.fmpug.com

After just over 8 weeks in development and deliberation we are extremely pleased to announce that the new FMPug site is now live. This site is powered by FileMaker 7 Server advanced and is coded using FX.PHP

We have taken our time putting this live as we wanted this to be a positive upgrade to our existing site. We hope you like it and would love to get your feedback both on what you like, what you think could be improved on or just something you do not like. Whatever your feedback, just make it constructive.

Changing an existing site is a hard enough task, but this can be made harder if the site that you are changing has received great feedback. The main goal of the redesign was to put a dynamic backend to the site, thus alleviating some of the manual maintenance that was required on the old site.

However, while making the new site, it was important for me to clean up the source code too and so I got to update the interface. Speaking for myself I think it looks great, but I may be a little biased.

As stated above, the site is powered by FileMaker Server 7 Advanced. It was important to us to have FileMaker drive our website and we were fortunate to find a great host in www.FileMaker7hosting.com. They host not only the database that drives the site, but also the site pages as well.

With the FileMaker database driving the site, we can instigate changes much quicker and also give more control to the local chapters over their content as well as the members having their own personal Pug page.

Keep an eye on the site over the next month or two as there will be many more features added. And please, do let us know what you think of the site. We can only improve it if you let us know.

Andy:

That's a very nice looking site. Congratulations on rolling it out. Kudos, also, for doing the whole thing in FMSA7 - now we've all got something to point people at when they ask what it can look like.

-Stanley

Thanks for the compliments Stanley. And yes, please do tell your customers and clients about it so they can see a site driven by FileMaker 7.

And, for those who love to talk numbers, when you visit the FMPug.com homepage you are querying 7 different tables in our database to return the relevant information to the browser.

Now, I am available for consultancy on web design to help you out with problem areas or to build the sites for you (figured I could get a plug in there somewhere!). Obviously the FMPug website is more than just a database driven site, but includes extensive Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and layout designs. Heck, just take a look at the source code for the homepage to see how few tables are in use.

WOW ANDY!!!

Having my very own Pug page is great and the Presentation Pack on CWP using PHP in your downloads section is beyond fabulous! Even *I* understand it all!

I'm blown away by the extent of information you're giving us. This will shoot me lightyears ahead in my understanding!!

oh. Maybe someone must be a member to get this? crazy.gif

I can't thank you enough, Andy. All of my unanswered questions (even after studying CWP and PHP for months) ... everything is explained right here.

FM PUG Rocks!! And so do you!

Now ... I have some reading and study to do! Thank you for all the hard work you do for us FM Puggers. FM Pug is the greatest invention since ... well, since FileMaker. smile.gifsmile.gif

LaRetta

Uh, errr, online demo showing how to create cwp? Step by simple step!!! This is just too much!

This alone makes my membership fee well worth it, Andy. And I've already received several hundred dollars in plugins and training. But THIS ALONE is worth membership. smile.gif

It may sound like I'm biased because I'm an FM Pug member. But I hope everyone gets the connection ... that's exactly WHY I'm an FM Pug member. DOH!!!

If you're not FM Pug ... you're squat ... and not too bright either. biglaff.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.