Event script problem

Slobey

This topic is 6825 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi everyone,

I am using eventscript. I have a pop up window to allow entry into a number of fields (more than a custom dialog box would allow) and a "done" button that closes the window. the fields have an eventscript attached to them. If the user tabs out of the fields the script triggers, but if the user changes a field and clicks on the done button without exiting the field, then the window closes and the script is run from the wrong layout. How can I either prevent the user from clicking the button while still in a field or work around it.

this is driving me nuts

Thanks in advance

Thanks for replying,

I had already tried the commit but the script still waited until the done script finished. The halt/exit option works but requires a double click on the done button, the first halts the script and runs the other then the second closes it. I don't see any other options so I quess a double click is it.

Thanks

You could also change the Done button to be linked to a simple Resume Script step and change the initial script to Pause/Resume to allow for data entry and then call the Done script. Then pressing Enter (on the number keypad) would perform the same function as clicking on the button.

This topic is 6825 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.