Naming a PDF in FM8

J

This topic is 6793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thank you in advance.

Is it possible to control the name of a pdf using the save as pdf function in FM8? I would like to create the name based on data from related tables and the current date.

Also, is there a way to include the number of copies of the pdf to print in the pdf, or can I control the number of copies automatically in the print dialog? I obviously have a field in my database that says how many to print.

For the first part of your question, please see This Thread.

For the second part of your question, if you want to print the PDF document from FM, you will have to use a SendEvent script step. You can do a simple counter loop to print the number of copies.

First. Thank you for your help.

Second. I use Windows, not a Mac. How do I do this in Windows.

I am willing to purchase a plugin if needed. I tried PCPDFManipulator from Productive Computing. It makes a pdf that is 4 megs, compared to 1.25 megs for fm8's new pdf writer. I need the pdf to be below 2 megs. The pdf includes numerous graphics so it is important to control the size.

As to putting in the number of prints. Not related to PDF's, how do I take a field in my table that has the number of copies I need. I need to take the contents of the field and put it in the number of copies to print in the print dialog menu. I am going to run a macro that prints X copies of a particular form for 1 record, then go to the next record, and print Y copies of a different form.

Thanks.

J

J, the method stated in the thread that I send you a link to can be used across all platforms. This is how you dynamically name a PDF.

As for you wanting to set the number of print copies in the Print Dialog box for PDFs, I dont know if this is possible. You could print it from the open PDF itself, or you can do a Send Event Script and have it print. However, it does not allow you to specify copies in the Print Dialog box.

This topic is 6793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.