Timebilling

This topic is 8344 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is a very common thing to want to do. I'm a little unsure why you have a separate Timesheet file. Most solutions we have done just have Employees and time entries, everything else is just a display of the time entries. Given the fact that this is basically a list by Employee, I would create this as a list view in the Employee file. Each entry in a row is a calculation using the Sum() function to total hours based on a different relationship. The index for each of the seven entries would be calculated based upon a global used to select the week. Each of the seven indices would be a combination of Employee Number and Date. Employee number changes for each row in Y, Date changes based upon the different formula for each relationship/key in X.

-bd

I just got done doing the same thing.

Although I only have one 3 files.

Staff, Time Logs, and Time Log Status.

Time Logs contains:

Staff ID, Project, Date, Start/Stop Time.

Simply a flat file for data entry. Users are only working with their found set of records.

The notion of making sure each person filled in their time card is more the function of the status database.

The status database, contains a record for each day and each user, so you can have lots of records in one year. If you have lots of users.

This way you can compare a list of active employees with what is filled out in the time log database.

I would recommend using the Troi Ranges plugin, and the Troi Text plug in to make some functionality easier.

The end result is a matrix looking view of who has or hasn't turned in their time log.

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

Each of the seven indices would be a combination of Employee Number and Date. Employee number changes for each row in Y, Date changes based upon the different formula for each relationship/key in X.

-bd

I see your point and now try to do exactly what you describe. I have eliminated the "TimeStatus" database and done the listview in the Employee database, but this last part I simply can't get to work. Can you please be more specific - I'm running out of luck frown.gif" border="0

Thanks a million for your help smile.gif" border="0

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: PLJ ]

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: PLJ ]

This topic is 8344 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.