gradients

cricket

This topic is 6703 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using FMP 7, which as far as I know doesn't let you draw gradients. I am wondering if version 8 finally has gradients in it? It is ridiculous to me to have to draw a gradient object in another app to place into a FM document. Especially in a version 8 application.

Thanks, but that seems to be about icons not gradients. So I'm guessing no gradients in FMP 8 yet then?

I already know how to make gradients in Photoshop. It just seems like something that should be built into FM.

Also, adjusting the object grid size.

Actually, the whole user interface is kind of 1995 and should be redesigned.

Go back and re-read the entire thread. Follow the links given, and pay particular attention to the post by Ender.

Also, the Link I provided has a video by one of the Experts in FileMaker, Matt Petrowsky . At the end of his video is a short "How To" for creating gradients, and transparencies.

Lee

To answer your original question cricket, there's no gradient tool in FM8. But there are a couple work-arounds. In my demo Lee is referring to, I created gradients with transparent backgrounds in photoshop. Once those are created, the gradient can be used for a variety of sizes simply by reshaping it.

As to what tools FileMaker should have built-in, well, I'm sure they get a lot of requests, some of which are incorporated into successive versions, many of which are not (for various reasons.)

In the mean time, we should be glad that there are often other ways to get what we need, even though it may require a couple extra steps. :wink2:

This topic is 6703 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.