Server Maintenance This Week. ×

CWP-problems

This topic is 6651 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there!

I´m beginning to explore xslt stylesheets. I´ve ran into two separate problems at the moment.

1) When I enter foreign signs, e g "å" (I´m swedish) in a field in a search page no records are found in spite of the fact that there are several records that contain this value in the specific field. Something about coding?

2) When trying to edit a record via a detailed record page everything seems to work, the right confirmation page is returned. However, no edit-action is performed in the database.

I have this tag on the detailed page:

but obviosly no record-id is passed to the database.

Some help would be appreciated!

1) In all pages, change

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> to <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

and

to

and save the stylesheets in UTF-8 encoding format (if you have Mac OS X, you can do that e.g. with TextWrangler, Save as, Options)

2)

I assume that you want to show only one record in the details page.

In the details page, there is no definition for the currently selected record, that's why @record-id is empty in the form.

After add the following line:

Change the line

to

If only one record is shown, you can also eliminate the xsl:for-each loops, and use $default-record

The database privileges were set correctly, but oddly enough MacOSX had changed the privileges for the file during transfer to the server. With that changed I now get the error code 102 which is "Field is missing". That is very strange since the accurate field content is displayed as it should on all pages.

This topic is 6651 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.