Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Accounting Solution Ready Made

This topic is 6671 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know of a decent FileMaker Accounting database solution that i could incorporate into my personal business database?

Obviously, free is first choice, but i wouldn't mind if i had to drop some cash.

WHY I NEED IT:

I own a small (very small) screen printing business, and have quickbooks pro as my Accounting Software. It's great, but it doesn't let me build any cool workorders, keep thumbnails of my designs, plan a schedule etc..

I know FileMaker can mesh the two together, but there is no way i can put together a solution for accounting as i am pretty much a beginner in FMP.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike:

I have a number of clients in the screen printing business here in New York, and I urge them to stick with Quickbooks for their accounting for a number of reasons. However, they end up using Quickbooks pretty much just as a check register, as the FMP solutions I've designed for them do everything else - all the things you mention, plus screen tracking, stock maintenance, shipping, receiving, etc. Also, because the jobs are in FileMaker, that means the accounts receivable is in FileMaker as well, and it's just a matter of keeping track of payments vs. jobs/invoices. Fairly simple once you get the hang of it, but by its nature, the solutions tend to be custom ones.

It sounds to me like what you want isn't so much an accounting package, but rather a catalog & job tracker, with the accounting built into it.

-Stanley

Hi Mike, and welcome to the Forum.

The subject of Screen Printing and FileMaker has come up in the past, and I know there are members here that have created a solution for this industry. You might do a search of the Forum for the Keywords.

I have a friend that is also a member, and I will notify him of this Topic.

BTW, I just did Google Search for "Screen Printing" FileMaker and it return a few hits, so you might take a look at those if you haven't already.

HTH

Lee

• Newbies

Hi Mike

I'm the friend Lee Smith mentioned. I've been screenprinting since the early 70's and have run this business in California for over 25 years. I wrote a FileMaker solution for myself that does all the calculations from items in my suppliers catalogs. It goes up to 10 colors of ink per print and quantity breaks from 1 to 48 dozen shirts. Multiple locations, Darks/lights, flash/no flash, everything is covered. It took years to write and now I'm rewriting into FM8! We can write a quote in 5 minutes! Variations in seconds. We still use MYOB for our books (not QuickBooks). My wife keeps track of the financials. Let's email a little!

Contact me direct. [email protected]

This topic is 6671 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.