Event Trigger - triggers too often

This topic is 6386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having trouble -- the auto-enter calc with Event Trigger triggers the script too often. I want the script to trigger only when I change a field (and not when I'm running other scripts that don't touch that field). I tried the validation method, but that doesn't work -- it doesn't perform the script until I exit the record, and by then I'm in a new record, and it will perform the end of the script on the new record. What can be done? (I already have a condition in the calc that it won't be executed when a record is new and a field is blank...but this doesn't solve my main problem.)

I can't use the validation tab for the reasons I explained above -- the validation in 8 does not take place until the record is committed.

Here's my calc:

If(callername ≠ ""; Status & S4HU_EventScript( Get ( FileName ) ; "Set Status" ; Callsheet); "")

Where callername is a field that is filled in after record creation (and before the script should be activated) and Status is the field that when changed should activate the script "Set Status." As you can see, I'm using the S4HU Event Script plug-in.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This topic is 6386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.