Scheduled Backup Failure

This topic is 6604 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a server running Server 8.0v2 Advanced where I have had the schedule running hourly backups 24/7 followed by a 15-minute offset cronned shell script to backup the hourly backups to a different server in zipped form.

However, yesterday, I found that the schedule which was running fine up until 2 days ago had mysteriously switched to running only at 9:00pm and then again at 10:00pm before jumping ahead to 9:00pm the following day (as shown by the event.log)!! As a result, practically a day's worth of data was lost when I had to remotely transfer the data to a developer for overnight amendments - a lesson not to be forgotten!

I was wondering if there is any way to run a shell script to achieve what FileMaker scheduler is attempting to do because I feel that cron is far more reliable and can't afford for any further data losses on this scale.

Any assistance/thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

Dene Stringfellow

Brilliant, thanks for that. Hopefully, I can bypass the schedule as it has the new hourly schedule has screwed up again! Stopped running after 11:00pm last night and the next scheduled backup jumped to 11:00am this morning and upon completion at 11:00am today the next scheduled backup has jumped to 12:00pm tonight. Bizarre!

I've done a couple of tests using the command line tool.

I've tried the following:

From the command lines:

fmsadmin BACKUP

fmsadmin BACKUP -d /Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/

fmsadmin BACKUP -d /Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/ /Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Backups/

both commands run fine.

However, when I save the commands as a shell script, run chown 755 to allow read and execute permissions to everyone, run various chown and chgrp to change the owner and group of the shell script I get the following error:

Error: 20405

Does anyone have any idea what this error might be? And how I can get the script to run? I am running other executable scripts without any problem. Is this just an fmsadmin commandline issue?

Dene

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 6604 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.