Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Is there a way to lock out a layout

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I understand we can hide a layout name in the menu but is there a way to delete it or hide it completely after info has been entered.

I want the user not to be able to go to that layout again and from then on when they open the file it will go to the new layout. Is this possible? I appreciate your answers. Thank you

You will need to have a way to identify the user within your database and have a field that is "flagged" when the user inputs information for the first time.

In this way, when the database is accessed again, this "flag"field can be looked at via a script and then determine what layout the user should be taken to.

You will need to use the Perform Script under the Document preferences so that the script is run when the file is first opened.

• 1 month later...

Probably the easiest way would be to create a field on your users table (I'm assuming you have one) like what Brian C mentioned. Something like z_newuser or whatever you care to name it. Make it a number field and set it to auto-enter the number 1. I don't know about your specific solution. I don't know if you have a login screen or anything like that, but either in the startup script or a script that runs when you log-in, have the script check that z_newuser field. If it equals 1, go to the splash screen layout. If it doesn't equal 1, send them to whatever your regular layout will be. Have another script that runs when you leave the splash screen that sets the z_newuser field to 0 so they never come back to that layout again. As far as deleting the layout, you don't want to do that. Assuming this solution is for multiple users, you need the splash layout for new users that will be added later. You probably already figured that out, but it never hurts to mention it. Hope this helps.

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.