Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need only 1 window

This topic is 6597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an invoice layout that shows all invoices with a GTRR button to show related records (LineItems) in a new window. Invoice window and Line Items window are tiled. My problem is: each time I click on the GTRR a new LineItem window is created. After a while I find myseld with a dozen LI windows open. How can I keep FM from opening a new window every time I click on the gtrr button and get it to use the LI windows that is already open to show related records.

Thanks for any suggestion.

If I disable 'Show in new window" only 1 window stays open to show related records. My objective is to have 2 windows open at all time (and only 2) and tiled: top window displays parent records, bottom window diplays related records. When I click on the gtrr button on the parent layout (top window) FM shows the related records in the lower window. The first click opens the first bottom window; a second click to show related records for a different parent record opens a 2nd lower window (I have now 2 lower windows stacked) a 3rd click opens a 3rd window, etc... I have resolved this by preceding the gtrr step with a close window step to close any open lower window before opening a new one.

I was wondering if there is a more elegant way to get FM to use the lower window that is already open to display related records without opening a new one each time.

You could create a script like this:

Freeze

Close Window [ "View Related Records"; Current File ]

New Window [ Name: "View Related Records"

Go To Related Record (No new window)

end if

That way if a window is already open with a specific window name ("View Related Records" in my example), it'll close it and open a new window (Make sure that you close the window with the correct Window Name).

How about that?

This topic is 6597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.