Server Maintenance This Week. ×

& calculation in records

This topic is 6582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello,

last post seems to have disappeared.

newbie here

i am trying to set up a column which has % calculation in it but problem is i want different % values in each record currently i get same value in all records.

i have set this in data base define as f3*.12 which gives me 12% but as i said i want differing values per record obviously im doing this wrong

jacky

I had merged your duplicate posts (which are poor etiquette) into a single thread in the appropriate forum, but for some reason, all evidence of it vanished. Sorry about that.

Anyway, check that f3 and/or the calculation field is not set as a global in the Storage options for the field.

hello.

global storage is cleared

i have set up like this column scrap(F3)

records abc want this to read 10% of qty in F4

records def " " " " 5 % of qty in f5

records ghi " " " " 15% of qty in f6

hope this helps

Sorry, but I am not understanding what you are saying. Perhaps you could zip and attach a sample of the file with a few notes to clarify which field should do what.

Try using another field to contain the desired percentage for each record and a calculation field to determine which field should be multiplied by the percentage in the given record. I have no idea what your criteria would be or else I would provide a sample Case( ) statement.

hi,

the criteria is that each record would display a % of the incoming total(f3)in the F7 column

That % would need to be set in each individual record ie.1st record perhaps 5%

next at say 8% of incoming F3...IF IT WAS 100 in F3 then 8 in f7 column

Sorry to be a nuisance on this but it is driving me up the wall

jacky

And how is the percentage determined? If it is manually set, then add a field to hold it, then multiply that field by f3 for your total. If it is determined via calculation, then what is the calculation you are using?

hi again,

ideally I would like to type in a value that would remain until i manually over rode it

i.e if i initially set value at 8% it would normally remain that for many weeks if not months

The data base is to determine actual stock level with the estimated % of waste deducted from total available

I might suggest using a one-record table to hold the current percentage value. Then have a field in the stock table which auto-enters this value and use this field for your final calculation. You can change an existing record's value if necessary; otherwise, changing the 'default' value in the one-record table will only effect records created afterward.

OK

Many thanks for your help

Ill go with the one record option as im not concerned about previous level

the incoming stock varies on a daily basis and im only concerned with what is in at any current time

jacky

p.s it will be tomorrow before i attempt this and ill let you know how i get on

This topic is 6582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.