Selecting portal row as a choice?

Nemo

This topic is 6547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is it possible to make the rows in a portal selectable, meaning click on a row to select and populate another field.

My setup is a field in which you select a trade, (carpeting, painting etc.) the portal displays a list of all companies under that trade.

I want to be able to have my users select the given company and have it populate to a grouping where your choices are held. Should I use another portal? and is there a way to make that row selectable? (I.E. double click the row and have your selection populate else where in another layout.)

Edited by Guest

Instead of a portal, can you use a Drop-Down list for the field where the company name goes?

You can make a list show only related records based on a field.

So if the trade is Carpeting, the dropdown list would show only the companies that are for Carpeting.

See the attached file...

Untitled.fp7.zip

You can create a button and place it in the portal row. Use the Set Field script step to move data from one field to another. Your Set Field step might look like this:

Set Field [MYTABLE1::Field1; MYTABLE2::FieldA]

This will allow a single click in the portal row to populate data in another field. You can either cover the entire row with a button that is transparent so the user can click anywhere on the portal row or you can place a visible button so users can still enter into the fields in the portal row.

Expanding on this idea, what would be the easiest way to have the data auto populate to a repeated field, so i could make several selections without over writing the data in the first field?

This topic is 6547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.