Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 6545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a date field where the user selects a specific date. When the user selects that date I would like to have a record created. However if the user selects the same date again on another record I do not want another record created with the same date.

I am new with filemaker and am unsure of how to go about solving this problem. If someone could help it would be great

Jeff

Thx for the help but,

I may have been a little vague in my description. The user inputing information into the database can choose any date they wish, not just the current date. If they choose the same date twice I want it to add data to the newly created date record instead of creating a new record.

Jeff

Edited by Guest

Sorry for being vague I was trying to simplify my problem so it would be easier to respond too.

here is my problem. I have a customers table where customer I enter customer information, I also have a Invoice table and line Items table for customer purchases which all work fine. I can have many customer on a particular date.

However I need to seat my customers. I am currently creating a new record in my seating table when I select a date for when my customer will be attending. However thats the problem if I have more than one customer on a particular date more than one record is created in my Lanes table. I only want one record created for a particualr date. Inside that record I need to show all my customers attending that day, how many seats they are using amongst other things. That information will be shown using a portal.

I cannot use a portal to sort my date either.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated

thx

Jeff

This topic is 6545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.