Another Text Colour Change Question

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, Ive already searched through the change text colour threads but nothing seems to work in this situation :

My suppliers table includes the currency (AUD, USD, etc.) they normally quote in. Sometimes a supplier will quote in a different currency so I can change the this for each transaction as required. I need the transactions table currency field text colour to change to red if it doesn't match the supplier's regular currency.

This field is a lookup of from the supplier's currency so I can't use the option of a calculated value option in the field properties.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks Pedro :-)

Edited by Guest

Hi Lee, thanks for replying so quickly.

I have tried a similar setup but the transaction's currency field is a lookup and when I enter a calculated result it cancels the lookup (only one can be selected).

When I try changing the text colour using another field it changes the text color in that field not the currency field :P

Thanks Pedro :-)

Can you better explain your tables/relationships structure? I understand you have a Transactions table and a Suppliers table, but you also mentioned a quote. How is the Transactions table linked to the Suppliers table?

Try making the field CurrencyType auto-enter the following calculation, replacing existing value:

Let (

trigger = Supplier_ID

;

Case (

IsEmpty ( CurrencyType ) ; Suppliers::CurrencyType ;

CurrencyType ≠ Suppliers::CurrencyType ; TextColor ( CurrencyType ; RGB ( 200 ; 0 ; 0 ) ) ;

TextColor ( CurrencyType ; 0 )

)

)

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.