Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Solution Running Slow

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, if not please direct me to were I should post this. My problem is this, I have a FM7 File that needs to periodically update via ODBC, some of the tables require existing records be deleted and imported again. Solution has worded well for months. But now the record updates are VARY SLOW (aprox time is 10-15mins) It’s not just the ODBC it is the record delete step that is slow. It will also hang filemaker from time to time. Originally time was aprox 1 min or less. File size is consistently about 1 meg, record import is about 10,000 records consisting of 4 to 9 fields depending on the table of which there is a total of 4. The Machine is windows XP SP2. I can run the same solution from my machine which is a carbon copy of the other machine, and solution runs as normal.

Where might I begin to look for problem.

Hi,

PC's can accumulate temp files in the temp directory which can slow them down. May not be your problem, however these files are often left as a result of a system lockup. 1. close all programs except the OS 2.Go to mycomputer/cdrive/documents and settings/youruserid/local settings/temp and delete all the temp files that the system will allow you to delete. Some will be in use by the os. There should be only 3 or 4 files here used by the os. This will not hurt your computer it is just a temporary place Windows uses to store temp information and will be rebuilt the next time it is needed. 3. If this does not work you might need to defragment your drive volume. This can become a problem if software has been installed and removed from your drive. To defragment :) start/programs/accessories/defragment.

If these bring no help to your problem, then turn your attention to your odbc driver and DSN.

Hope this helps,

Tim

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.