Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Is there a way to call FM scripts from an outside script like ASP or PHP?

This topic is 6448 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm developing some things for a client of mine that uses Filemaker. Most of the scripts I do simply use FM as a backend; it does it calculations and then simply populates fields in Filemaker. My client does have lots of internal Filemaker scripts that are setup that they use as well.

Quick overview of my project...my client sales primarily on eBay. They have an Auctions file in Filemaker that stores all of the auction details. I've created a script to automatically update all of the FM auction records with data from eBay.

My client uses an internal FM script attached to a button within the auction records to Send Checkout, which of course, sends checkout information to the buyer of the auction.

I'd like to be able to trigger that Send Check Out button from within my ASP script. Is there a way this can be done?

check out www.fmdotnet.org. The demo applications (C# or VB.NET) have an example on how to call a script on FM Server. Keep in mind that calling a script through the web interface is limited to web-compatible script steps inside that script.

Other than that, FMP (not Server) has an ActiveX interface that can call any script but I'm not sure how you'd do that from an ASP page...

• 4 weeks later...

I think that FX.php also requires the script steps to be web compatible.

I would also like to automate some scripts that feature some non web compatible steps using the server rather than the client. All the automation

tools for FM that I've seen require client side plug ins.

Is there another way to trigger scripts from the server?

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That seems like a pretty big limitation. I'd think that by version 8.5 some developers out there would have needed this at some point..??

Is there no way to simply call an external file from FM? I could just use the network path and open it from the server.

Is there no way to simply call an external file from FM? I could just use the network path and open it from the server.

Hi DRU, what you're asking about is not the same as the original question of this thread. We were talking about being able to call a FM script from outside FM. You're talking about having FM call another app.

FM can call another app through the Send Event script step and the Open URL script steps.

This topic is 6448 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.