Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Date Calculation Issue

This topic is 6550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am having a Problem in FM 6 Developer with a date calculation. The problem is as follows:

I have two date fields which are both user entered fields and native to the same record. I have a third field (also native to the same record) that calculates the difference in years between the two previously mentioned date fields. The problem I have encountered is that the calculation only updates when the information is updated in the second date field. I can update the information in the 1st date field all day long and the calculation field will not display updated results.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Thanks.

If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like the calculation is being stored.

Go into [color:blue]Define Fields, select the [color:blue]Calculation Field, click on [color:blue]Storage Options, and then [color:blue]Storage, and the Select the [color:red]Do not store calculation results.

HTH

Lee

• Newbies

Calc is as follows:

Year(Today_Date)-Year(Contract_Date)

Both Today_Date and Contract_Date are user entered date fields. When I update the date in Contract_Date, the calculation updates. When I update the date in the Today_Date field, nothing changes in the calculation field.

How weird is that!

I think that a calculation would be forced to unstored if referencing a global. And in version 6 auto-enter would not update at all.

I'd suggest you create a new file with only those three fields and see if you can reproduce the problem. If yes, post the file. If not, I would suspect your current file may be corrupted. Though I never heard of corruption exhibiting such symptom.

This topic is 6550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.