Finding dates using ranges

bdam

This topic is 6300 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok, so I want to tackle the birthday problem but with a slight twist: find everyone who has a birthday this month including the last 5 days of the previous month. So for December I would find 11/26 to 12/31.

Now, I know how to calculate the day, month and the range but it's the year that trips things up. If you search for a range it always puts a specific year in. So if I search (manually) in the date of birth field for "11/26...12/31" it puts in the current year and shows no results. If I put in "11/26/*...11/26/*" it returns every record in the db.

Thougths?

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke too soon. I can't get the script to work. Keeps telling me that there is no valid criteria.

I set up the globals to be Date and Text. Didn't work either way. Is it because the date on my transaction record ( the records I'm trying to find and sort...) is an auto enter and the range is therefore not looking at it.

A better question might be, is the date range formula even looking at the date on my record?

The globals should be date fields. Are you sure that you have set them up as globals? You may want to double check.

The field being an autoentry field should be irrelevant.

This topic is 6300 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.