This topic is 6308 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just put in a purchase order for FMStudio. I am hoping to do the following:

Be able to put our school district Forms on the web.

Staff would login to the web database. Fill out a form, and hopefully download the form as a PDF document for printing.

I would like an email notification sent to an Administrator to look at the Form for approval or disapproval.

So, I am hoping that FMStudio will allow me to have FileMaker Pro layouts turned into PDF documents for downloading.

Be able to create records using the web interface.

If so, it will be money worth spending.

Hi Bryan,

FMStudio can certainly do a big part of what you desire. It will certainly allow you to create web forms to be used by all your staff that would submit data directly into FileMaker.

As for the PDF generation, there are a lot of tutorials on the web of how to make PDFs within PHP. Also if you have one of our web publishing books, we have a chapter dedicated to PDF generation within PHP. In this area, FMStudio will allow you to build the base code that you would use to feed the data into your PDF generator script directly from a FileMaker record.

As for sending email, it is very easy to do and takes only a few lines of PHP code. Once you use FMStudio to create your forms, just use the standard PHP mail method to send the email to the administrator.

Of course if you ever need help with any of the steps, just ask on the forums - there are many eager experts to answer questions!

In Kindness

Stephen Knight

http://www.fmwebschool.com

This topic is 6308 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.