Server Maintenance This Week. ×

refreshing field

This topic is 6337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, i have got a problem with dates...

i have got couple fields:

monday, sunday, week id and i want to change every time when i run filemaker, because for example in sunday everyting was OK but in monday (week id should change to next one, monday and sunday date too) it's not working until i change something in code!!!

How can i autorefresh this fields (this fields are in every record)

From your description I haven't got a clue what you want to achieve but you can make any field update itself dynamically by making it a calculation field and check the 'do not store results' checkbox.

Using this method if you were to put the calculation

Get(Currentdate)+1

into a field it would always show tomorrows date.

An alternative method would be to run a startup script whenever you fire up FM and use a series of setfield script steps to set your fields to whatever you want them to be.

I do not know if that helps

Phil

ok, so... i have got field:

monday = Get(CurrentDate)- DayOfWeek(Get (CurrentDate))+2 and it's display date of monday in this week (based in week id)

sunday = Get(CurrentDate)- DayOfWeek(Get (CurrentDate))+8 and it's display date of sunday in this week (based on week id)

weekid = Floor ((Get ( CurrentDate ) - ( Date ( 4 ; 1 ; Case ( Month ( Get ( CurrentDate ) ) < 4; Year (Get ( CurrentDate )) - 1 ; Year (Get ( CurrentDate ) ))) - DayOfWeek ( Date ( 4 ; 1 ; Case ( Month ( Get ( CurrentDate ) ) < 4; Year (Get ( CurrentDate )) - 1 ; Year (Get ( CurrentDate ) )))) +2 )) /7) and its display TAX WEEK ID... (p.s. now is 38 - in england)

and if i create a record, fields display weekid of week when i crate record! and if week is changed then in some records i have got previous weekid.

I'm sorry but i don't know how to explain it in english and sorry for my english!!

But i think "From your description I haven't got a clue what you want to achieve but you can make any field update itself dynamically by making it a calculation field and check the 'do not store results' checkbox." should work!!

Thx

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.