Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Tabs question

This topic is 6308 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a database which consists of 3 tabs. Each tab's content is visible to the login assigned to it. ie

Person 1 can only see the contents of Tab 1

Person 2 can only see the contents of Tab 2

Person 3 can only see the contents of Tab 3

I have that working fine. The problem I'm having is, that when person 1 or person 2 scrolls through a record, tab 2 is focused. Is there any way that I can set it so that Tab 1 is always focused to Person 1 after they log in?

Hi

I think that TABs are only for layout's space saving...

What appens if Person 2 tabs till select TAB 3 and hits RETURN ? Or have you omitted the TABs from the tabbing sequence ?

What appens if they open the DB with FMP 7 ?

Isn't more reliable to assign a layout to each person ?

• Newbies

I have one layout which holds all the information for the job. We have 3 machines that can do the jobs, each tab has info on paper usage, and what not. So instead of 3 layouts with same info, I made it one layout with a tab for each machine.

If person 2 tabs until he gets to Tab 3 and hits return, Tab 3's info shows, but its going to give him no access. That's what I wanted.

But the problem is, person 1 and person 3 do not want to click on their tab every time they need to input data. I told them to quit being lazy, but i wanna to make it easier for them as well.

What i want to know is if there is a way to check which tab is focus at the moment. Then compare it to the Login name. If its not the one for the login, it goes to the tab to match the login.

I don't think theres a way, but i wanna ask someone on here.

Just label each tab with an Object Name (Object Info Pallette )and use the Go to Object [] script step in your opening script or script that goes to that layout.

There should be some more basic info on this in the FM help section and manual.

That being said though, there is probably a much better way to handle what you are trying to achieve rather than the design that you currently have.

This topic is 6308 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.