Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 6278 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello! im stuck again, having problems with some parts of a status layout im making. There is one member layout, and in that layout i write in a radio button if the member is a new member or not, and with other radio button if is an active member or not.

I want to do a status layout showing how many member we have, how many new members, how many active and how many non active members. Can somebody help me with that?1 thanks!

Planning what kind of things you want the data to keep track of is very important.

You should list all of the things that you are asking, and then determin what fields you will need, and how the information will be gathered.

Perhaps a type of membership payment and date?

Tracking for past due, coming due, etc.

Status can be calcualted, or entered or entered by hand.

Have you looked at any samples?

Lee

What i mean by a status is this, maybe i didnt explained it well. This is not the case but let me put the example of a club. Lets say every club member has a personal layout with all his info, but in that info there are two fields :) if the member is a new member and if the member is an active member. All that i have.

What i want is another layout, that will show how many members are in the "club", how many new members, how many active members and how many non active members. Thanks!

I want to point out that there is a big difference between Records and Layouts. Records will be holding the individual member's info, and Layouts are where you will be looking at the data. You are using 8.5, and it has Table Occurrences, often referred to here as TOs. The TOs are where you will have Fields, and then you will create your different layouts for data entry, printing, viewing, reports, etc. in the TOs.

Unless you have a clear picture of what you want in the database, and the reports that you will want to provide others and yourself, it would be my suggestion that you first research what other have put in theirs. You might end up cherry picking the good things from several examples.

I would start be doing a Google search for Club Membership, Non Profit Organization, and Associations software. You could include FileMaker as a Filter, but I keep it broad until you zero in on what you want.

HTH

Lee

Hello! sorry, i have a clear image of what i want; maybe im not saying it correctly. I have in the "member" record, a field in a radio button called "new member", another in a radio button called "active member". I want in a part of the layout to show

1- how many member we have

2 - how many are new

3 - how many are active

4 - how many are not active.

The math logic i can imagine it, the part i dont really know is how to get the values. Thanks for any help

This topic is 6278 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.