Attempts made to print a pdf seen in Webviewer

FMJoelB

This topic is 6261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This goes along with some of my other posts. The application I am working on produces a book. In that book references to PDFs or the PDFs themselves are stored in container fields. Recently I am favoring just storing the references based on being able to obtain the path to the PDF in question.

Here is the problem: I want to print this book. That is the whole purpose of my applications development. The portion of the book developed in FMP is a no brainer to get it to print in sequence. But then I get to these areas where parts of the book have been developed in other programs with the information saved externally as a PDF and I want to reach out to those PDFs and print them in the mix of the rest of the documentation. I have tried SEND EVENT using a calculated path to the PDF, specified to "pdoc" or "print document", which comes up useless and prints a blank page. (It works when I just go into the file reference page and spec a literal file path - when you do this, the "file type" window seems to know what kind of document its going after and it works). I have also toyed around with various SEND DDE commands.

All I want to do is reach outside filemaker in the midst of a print routine, and have it print a PDF into my stack of documents, thats really it. Can anyone help...what am I doing wrong?

For newbies reading this...Im answering my own question - You plug in VB Script using "Send Event" from a Script. Most of the solutions I have developed never had to jump outside Filemaker, so that was new to me, I just picked that up after researching the previous suggestion...FYI for anyone reading this.

This topic is 6261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.