Sign in to follow this  
datacontrol

Can ZippScript do "continue"?

I would like to use ZippScript ( although I am not wedded to it ) to tell a script to continue ( from pause ). I want this to be a scripted event on exiting a field.

I don't believe there's any way to call the Resume Script script step from a script. But instead of a Pause Script[indefinitely] add this:

set variable $$resume = 0

Loop

Pause Script[1 second]

Exit Loop If $$resume = 1

End Loop

set variable $$resume = 0

then have the script called by zippScript be:

Set $$resume = 1

I haven't tested this, but I think the logic is sound.

Thank you for a quick response!

I don't see how the $$Resume increments to "1" thereby setting up an infinite loop.

What am I missing?

I'm testing it and it doesn't seem to work consistently. If the validation script is run while the pause is actually happening, the $$resume changes, but the script pauses on the End Loop indefinitely.

I have no idea why that is.

Perhaps it would be better to split the script into two? What happens if user hits Enter instead of filling the field?

In any case, I believe you could run a dummy script, with the control parameter set to Resume.

:hair: :bang::hair::bang::hair::bang::hair::hair::bang::hair::bang::hair::bang::hair:

Perhaps a quest out to see if more filemaker'ish methods existed to prevent this scripting urge?;)

--sd

About the only time I've found this necessary is when using a touch screen, where you prompt a user to select one entity, then apply it to another. Selecting the first entity triggers the script with a pause in it after it collects what it needs, then the selected entity is simply a button that is set to resume script. But again, if a keyboard is available the user can resume the script without selecting the entity, and corrupting the script.

I think you should look at splitting your scripts to eliminate the need for a resume. Much cleaner.

Have some patience, young man. There's plenty of time to ask these questions later.