Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Move record(s) from one table to another

This topic is 6194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, is there an effective way of moving a record (or set of records) from one table to another?

Here is the situation. I have a database of exhibitors, some are active and some are inactive. On a day to day basis, I want to deal only with the active ones. Rarely do I need info about inactive exhibitors. Currently I have a radio button flag marking them as active or inactive, but every time I search for a group I have to remember to click the active flag too. I would much rather have a button that just moves an exhibitor to the inactive table and takes him out of my active one. Does that make sense? Do other people run into this minor annoyance and what is the best way to solve it?

Why not just script the find to only show active members? Sometimes it's nice to keep the data in one table just for historical purposes.

If you really need to move them you could just script the find to show the "Inactive" members and then fire a script that imports them to the other table then deletes the found set in the original table.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 6194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.