Safari 3.0 and Webviewer

This topic is 6173 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

HURRAY!!!

Safari 3.0 beta supports printing of SVG

It works in the web viewer

Amazing level of web viewer control now available for map making, charts... etc...

Very exciting.

www.apple.com/safari

-------------

Safari 3.0 is available windows...

Question for PC users...

• Can you specify the web viewer to use Safari as default on Windows

• Does Safari on Windows have the same URL length limitations?

best

Stuart

I am not a Windows expert, but I don't think you can change the browser used in WV. By the way, as far as database is concerned, it is quite an amazing feature to be able to work in an office document directly in the web viewer (only IE on Windows)

For the rest, yes, Safari makes it soooo better. (by the way, I don't know how they do it, but Safari on Windows makes texts readable ! yes, unbelievable, but it's like if they managed to 'Quartz' the fonts or something. Never seen this on Windows.

Now even Windows users can read something (maybe they'll like it... : Just kidding.)

By the way, as far as database is concerned, it is quite an amazing feature to be able to work in an office document directly in the web viewer (only IE on Windows)

How do you get that to work?

Well I know that when using a local path, it will display for PDFs, images, etc. However, for Word Docs, XLS files, etc, it will only allow a download. I was never successful in allowing direct work to be done to the Office Doc while in the webviewer.

I'm having frequent Filemaker crashes when using a web viewer after installing Safari 3 on Mac OS 10.4.9. Reverting to Safari 2 eliminates them. Anyone else notice this? Any suggestions?

I've repaired permissions and reinstalled a couple of times, but that didn't help.

This topic is 6173 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.