Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 6159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Solution: FM 7 - Date Picker

Description: I know this is included with version 8 (or so) but I am still stuck in version 7. The only other example I could find when I searched these forums was a version that was done in Developer 7. Since it used features I could not access I decided to try and create a date picker in plain v7.

I used the MS Outlook date picker as a model(which may be the Windoze system date picker).

Features so far:

* 7 week calendar with week numbers

* Change Year through pop-up custom dialog

* Backward and Forward navigation by month

Working Under:

Solution Status: Beta

Pre-requisites:

Author(s):o sbg2

Date: 06/15/07

Credits:

Instructions / Other Info: User = Admin

No Password

Disclaimer:

FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these files are fit for any particular purpose. Do not post or distribute files without written approval from the copyright owner. All files are deemed public domain unless otherwise indictated. Please backup every file that you intend to modify.

Whoops. File now attached.

Also, the calendar is only a 6 week calendar not 7 as stated in my original post.

Edit: Can anyone explain why hiding the status area on this solution greatly increases the time it takes to set the global date field?

I created a new blank file with one global field and a button that performs one script step - Set Field [MyGlobal; Timestamp ( Get(CurrentDate) ;Get(CurrentTime))]. If the status area is hidden sometimes it takes upwards of 2 seconds to set the field, with the status area shown it is almost instantanious.

DatePicker.zip

Version 2

* Added the feature to highlight current date in red.

* Added the feature to pick-up the field location and pop-up the DatePicker "under" the field. This requires a simple script for each Layout field.

~ Currently no testing is done to determine if pop-up window will be "off-screen".

Example atttached includes seperate file showing how the DatePicker file can be attached to (hopefully) any external FM DB file.

DatePicker_v2_.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.