Current Logged in User (Accountname)

This topic is 6171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have searched through the forum and couldnt find a related topic to this, so:

Is there a way to show a list of all the users currently logged into a Server hosted DB?

I know there is a field of Get(AccountName), but how can I expand that to show all users and have it update so if someone logs off, the name goes away, etc?

Thanks,

blake

You could have a staff table with the AccountName and a flag field (LoggedIn). When they login, your open script would go to their staff record (find on Get (AccountName) and mark the record (Logged In = 1). On Close, clear the mark.

By viewing the Staff List mark field, or a filtered portal, you could see who's logged in.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

The staff table concept works, however, if a user logs in from two terminals, it negates the script. If a user has the solution open on two machines, closes out of one, but stays logged in on the other, this solution will show them as logged out. In fact, they are still logged in. Unless I've missed something here... The annoying problem persists of showing a list of users, by name, who are logged into the solution. If Server can show this information, why then is it not possible in client?

Thinking about it to me it sounds as if you should go the route of creating the record on log in and also capturing the IP address in a field. Then on log out you could use a Account Name & Ip Address relationship to delete the correct record.

That way the other log in will still be in the table. I have never set up anything like you are trying but I think that it sounds like something that is more than workable.

I'm sure if the gurus here have any insight they will step in. :)

Edit: Thinking about it further you dont even have to delete the record on log out depending on what fields you use to display who's in / out. Thus creating a log history for each user.

Michael

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.