Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Welcome to the ScriptMaster forum!

This topic is 6059 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ScriptMaster is a free java plugin from 360Works (http://www.360works.com/scriptmaster) which allows you to execute Java code from within FileMaker Pro.

This forum is the official discussion area for discussing how to use ScriptMaster. It is also where we will post notices of new utilities (ready-made script snippets) for use with ScriptMaster. Please use this forum to find out about the newest utilities and features of ScriptMaster; comment on existing utilities; and provide feedback and suggestions for ways in which we can improve ScriptMaster. There is an RSS feed available with this forum

• 3 weeks later...

i was always wondered if do the data entry from filemaker to the web and get the result back from web. what i mean is if there is a blank field on the web where i need to enter my name or something , i enter my name into filemaker field and let it excute entering the name into the web.

and trigger the web's next action like go to next or search something. can scriptmaster do something like this ?

thanks,

kyle

The short answer to your question is, yes, yes it can. Problem is that you'd have to write the entire stack between the FM Layer and the Web Layer in Groovy (SM's back-end language).

ScriptMaster is a Groovy implementation of Java hence, you can do ANYTHING that you can do with Java with it. English, you can do anything at all including but not limited to what you're talking about.

Problem is, that you'll have to learn Groovy/Java. Benefit is that you'll be learning another tool and a powerful one for extending FM's native abilities.

• 1 month later...

Also, you might check out selenium: http://www.openqa.org/selenium-rc/

You can write automated scripts that execute in your browser. "Click button labeled 'send'", for example. Pretty neat stuff!

This topic is 6059 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.