File upload from web page into container

geos

This topic is 5767 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey! Looking for suggestions for the best way to take form data, including a few file uploads, from a webpage, and insert them into a FM9 db at a hosting company.

Seems like there are a few ways to do this (like a PHP script into mail.it), but looking for any/all suggestions. Anything more ovious I am missing? Anything easier?

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion! I had seen that, but I'm looking to do something different.

I'm looking for a solution WITHOUT IWP.

That is: From a standard web page form (html with, most likely PHP, and a nice little submit button) to 1) upload a file (pdf) and 2) transfer the file to the correct record at a hosted (read: I have little control over the server) File Maker Server DB.

I can do #1 in a variety of ways.

#2 seems like the harder part.

I'm looking for suggestions that might be more elegant than what I've come across.

Well... if you're trying to do this without supercontainer... which really *is* the best way for this, you're going to need a server where you can do Apache stuff for the file upload and then... and this is the lovely part, likely you'll have to use a MySQL or similar DB so that you can store the value of the location and then use something like ESS or *shudder* Apple/VB Script to make the transport happen.

This really seems like you're trying to re-create the wheel though. I know the SC is expensive-ish but really, you'll spend tens of hours trying to make something do the same thing.

Mike --

Thanks for your reply.

But correct me if I am wrong, but SuperContainer (from what I have read) needs to be interfaced via IWP.

In this situation, I need documents to be uploaded without giving submitters direct access to the DB. All a submitter would see is a webpage for them to upload a few files on.

Looks like I should have done this in MySQL....

???

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

This topic is 5767 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.