This is ridiculous

The Big Bear

This topic is 6121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

A simple lookup has me baffle to no get out. I have delete every table and have start over three times and have spent four hours today on this so I hope some one can find where I am going wrong.

The bolt table is where I stored the bolts information. The Job_bolt table is where I want to stored the bolts required for a specific job.

The vessel table is the input table. I make a relationship between the vessel table and the job_bolt table using the quote field. I make a portal using this relationship. I aslo made a relationship between the Job_bolt table and the bolt table. The job_bolt table is where I want to do the lookups. In the vessel table input I attached a drop down list to a field that displayes values from the bolt table that will be stored in the Job_bolt table and this field is use for the look up. But the look up dispalyes that there is no exact match. How can this be since the drop down list is populated by the field in the bolt table.

I have attached a copy of what I am trying to do.

This is very aggrivating. this should be so simple. Open the vessel file first.

Thanks

Lionel

QUESTION.zip

I aslo made a relationship between the Job_bolt table and the bolt table.

I don't think so.

You also need to use proper keys. Instead of calling it unique, it should be JobBoltID or something similar. And it should be BoltID in Job_bolt table joined to BOltID in Bolts table (which would replace THAT uniqueID). You have no BoltID in Job_Bolts that I can see. Using 'unique' is very confusing, as you've just found ...

JobBolts.gif

Hi Lionel,

I would also ask ... why do you have 3 separate files instead of having 3 tables? Or even just a UI and a data file? It is soooooo much easier to work on (particularly if the developer is less than Advanced). You are very early in your design - it's not like you're building on an existing or converted solution.

It's just a suggestion to make your life easier. :wink2:

This topic is 6121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.