PDF

AVD128

This topic is 6008 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to have my records exported in PDF format.

In filemaker pro 8.5 advanced there is the option : "save/send record as"...Excel or PDF.

In a script is use the script step to create the PDF.

It works in the FMpro 8.5 ADV version but when I create the executable the option is gone and the script no longer works although i have set my login privileges with : allow printing, allow export...etc....full privilege.

what am i doing wrong?

PDF_in_pro.JPG

PDF_in_executable.JPG

When you say you 'create the executable' do you mean that you are creating a runtime version (ie the user does not need a copy of Filemaker).

If this is the case then it it is one of the limitations of a runtime that pdf creation is not possible.

HTH

Phil

You should still be able to use a pdf print driver, that would be part of the OS not filemaker and would still work with a runtime. (Addtional script steps would be needed to send it as an Email attachment, I'm told the file sizes of the pdf's are also smaller than the ones created by filemaker.)

yes...with executable i mean the runtime version where the user no longer needs a filemaker licence.

I can't find anywhere in the manual/help files of filemaker advanced that the PDF version is no longer available in runtime. so...are you absolutely sure?

If so...than i have to use an external program like "cute PDF" so the user can send his file to the pdf writer instead of a regular printer.

any other options or suggestions?

:exactly:

[color:orange]AVD128

This topic has come up several times in the past. For more information, do a search for PDFs.

IMO, it comes down to MONEY. I.e., how much does FileMaker have to pay Adobe for the undeterminable number of Runtimes being made, using their their Adobe Acrobat creation tools.

Lee

This topic is 6008 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.