Oops! Can I disable start-up script?

This topic is 5131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Boy do *I* feel silly. I'm trying to use a splash screen for the first time, identifying the database name and my contact info, so I made a script that opens the splashscreen layout, but when i tried it, I found the last layout viewed also opens.

So, I took a guess and put a "Close Window" step at the beginning of the script, which is apparently the wrong thing to do, since now when I open the file, it immediately closes the window and I'm left with no open file . . . which means I can't get back in to fix the script. In effect, I'm barred from entry to my database! D'oh!

I figure there must be a way to circumvent the opening script, yes? Please? Holding some arcane combination of buttons down? I'd appreciate any help, and maybe a pointer to a good overview of how to properly script an openign splashscreen.

Wickerman

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Softpac -- since I benefited from the original suggestion, I'll pass it along.

Create a new database file (or open an existing one you haven't locked yourself out of). Create a relationship between any field in your available file and some field in your inaccessible file and then put a button on a layout formatted to "Go to Related Records" and identifying any related layout from your inaccessible file. THen go into browse mode and click the button -0- *voila* you're back in your other file, where you can disable the problem script.

Wickerman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know I'm jumping in late here but I ran across this thread looking for something else. My answer to your issue seems simpler to me. Create (or open) any other database. Set script debugger on. Open 'locked' database. Go to scriptmaker from the debug window. Remove offending script step. Save... :

This topic is 5131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.