Connection Issue after update

This topic is 5942 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a similar problem to the post below me. I did the system update (Java, osx, etc. ) The admin console opens, and I can connect remotely to the database, however, it doesn't appear in the admin console. It always says connected users - 0 even though I am connected. I hope this doesn't require the complete system install that MACUsa had. Anyone got any ideas?

LJ

Call off the bombers! I am back to DEFCON 5...

Thanks to great technical support at FileMaker. The issue deals with the latest installment of Mac Security Update. I had to uninstall the server 9 and re-install it so the software could get an updated or proper "snapshot" of the configuration files. Once this process was done everything is back to normal.

Thanks FileMaker Tech support... you made my festivus!

I'm in almost the same situation, except that my admin console won't even launch (I just get the icon bouncing 1x in the dock, then it quits).

What were the steps FM tech support gave you for correctly uninstalling/reinstalling FMS9? And, before I uninstall/reinstall it, I'm wondering how I can safely close any open databases, since I can't access the admin console?

Many thanks--

I do know how to use Terminal but don't know what commands to issue to close FM databases (or do any other useful FM Server tasks, for that matter).

Would be very grateful to get those commands from you.

Many thanks, Steven

For the various daemons:

sudo launchctl start com.filemaker.fms

sudo launchctl stop com.filemaker.fms

Use of the sudo command requires authentication.

For the Admin Console:

fmsadmin START SERVER

fmsadmin STOP {options}

-f force disconnect of all clients

-m message sends message to clients

-t seconds wait time before disconnect

--grace-time a specified number of seconds (minimum 120) before clients are disconnected. Clients receive a message asking them to disconnect

Example: fmsadmin STOP --grace-time 180

For more information review the FileMaker Server Help PDF document that comes with the product.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late on seeing this thread.

I am having a similar problem where Admin Server (v1) does not start.

I either get the Admin Console to stay on the "starting" page, and never progress or I get the Admin Console to say it is open (the name appearing in the menu bar) but no window.

My question is can I quit the server processes using Activity Monitor?

Or do I need to use Terminal?

• Newbies

I am having a similar problem with the icon (admin console) bouncing and nothing opening. My questions are:

Has FileMaker come out with a patch or something that will correct this problem?

Will the databases themselves be affected if I cannot get into the admin console?

Does an uninstall and re-install work and solve the problem?

Has FileMaker come out with a patch or something that will correct this problem?

Will the databases themselves be affected if I cannot get into the admin console?

Does an uninstall and re-install work and solve the problem?

FMI doesn't issue patches. It issues v-revs. This may or may not be a FMS problem; it could be an OS issue. Have you done anything to the OS?

Reinstalls may help; but your situation is so nebulous that it's hard to say.

Definitely try to use the Terminal to close the databases and stop the daemons before doing anything else.

Steven

• Newbies

I left out the OS information. Like the original post to this thread the java security update was installed and it changed the java settings to the OS. It was from there that the admin console started not to work, but the server had not been affected, just the admin interface. That is why I am wondering if a re-install worked or would work.

The admin console started not to work after the installation of the updates, I should have mentioned that in the original post, sorry for not doing so

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This topic is 5942 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.