MooPlug Documentation. Is there any?

This topic is 5952 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks for your reply!

I am interested in

Moo_DialogFolder

and perhaps

Moo_FolderInfo( sFolder )

I am currently using troifile in the following setting and I would like to use mooplug instead.

[TrFile_SelectFolderDialog( "-Unused " ; " Please select the folder where you keep the patient's photos." ; "" )]

Ah ok. I've been working on the documentation and a new version of MooPlug today. I hope to work on it over the weekend and release the new version next week, which includes improvements to the Dialog functions and full documentation as a sample file.

Moo_FolderInfo doesn't actually do anything atm I don't think, I should remove it. It was just a placeholder function for something I haven't got around to coding yet, wasn't sure exactly what info to return for a start, apart from size, any suggestions?

Example file how to download the FileMaker Security whitepaper and move it from the windows temp file folder to the archive folder given in a FileMaker field.

You have to investigate where your individual temp folder is by searching for the techbrief_security.pdf file.

Thank you Adam for your efforts.

Happy FileMaking Ralph Nusser

MooPlug_Download_SOGETES_1_0_0.zip

Thanks for the example Ralph :

I've been working on a new version of MooPlug overt the weekend, fixing some bugs and adding some things as well as finishing the documentation. I want to fix a few things before I release it but it should be within the next week :

And other than mac support (I don't have my Mac atm :( ) are there any feature suggestions people would like me to look into adding?

• Newbies

Hi Dempsey

Just a quick one to say Thank you so much for this plugin, Its got some really neat features as it stands however.. I would like to see some kind of progress dialogue whilst a file download is in progress for the larger files perhaps..

Other than that.. maybe you could add a paypal donation button on your site for us users to send a "thank you" for the free plugin.

I was also interested in the mention of the colour / font chooser at the footer of your page.

Keep up the great work !

Yea a progress dialog seems like a good idea, I will look into ways of doing that :

I am trying to get the FMX_StartScript command working so that the FTP and download functions can continue to run in the background allowing the user to continue using FileMaker if wanted, and then call a Script in FileMaker when the download/upload is finished, haven't got that working yet though.

Yea I'm going to work on making a proper site next week with a features, changelog, download page etc, and will stick a donation button on :

Yea the font and colour dialogs will definatley be added , maybe not in the next release, but the one after that for sure I would say :(

Thanks for the feedback :

[color:red]Feature suggestion:

Let the open source Flash calendar talk back and forth to and from FileMaker and I want to make a PayPal donation too.

Gorgeous Adobe Flash Calendar

Flash Calendar source code

as Adobe AIR alias Apollo application:

http://www.flex-flex.net/download/Apollo/ApolloCalendar.zip

Blog about the Flash Calendar

wv_Calendar_SOGETES_1.0.1.zip

Are there any feature suggestions people would like me to look into adding?

- the "change printer" functionality you had seemed to have planned before? That would come first for me by far and together with the FTP functionality (if I like it), oblige me to donate! The Productive Computing "Change Printer" plugin I once used was not dependable, so I hope it can be made dependable... (I know they now have a new version, and that there are others)

- add multiple email attachments

- I like the "change cursor" idea someone once posted as well, esp. if it could be done depending on the named object, like e.g. change into a + if user hovers above portal[object name] with Shift key down, etc.

Don't know if it can be fixed with a plugin, but I find it a huge irritation that the program is not clever enough to know when you're hovering above a portal when using the scroll wheel. It should only scroll through records when *not* above a portal, and should *not* require a click in the portal to scroll the portal.

I'll be checking out the plugin for the first time in the coming weeks. But Big Thanks in advance for the efforts you've already made!! (and I was also in awe of your personal story)

I am planning on looking into wether I can do anything with printer switching, not too hopeful, but going to look into it :)

The adding multiple email attachments is a good idea, I see what I can do.

Change cursor is almost definatley going to be added in the next release :)

As you say I'm not sure if that can be (easily at least) added by a plugin.

BTW - MooPlug 0.4.5 + New Website Released

I am planning on looking into wether I can do anything with printer switching, not too hopeful

Me neither ;-) I perfectly understand it is probably a handful...

I wanted to try the Gap_Filler plugin, but that gave me all kinds of problems straight away :) (might describe those in a seperate thread)

Change cursor is almost definatley going to be added in the next release :)

To be perfectly clear, I want to explain again, though I'm afraid it may not be possible without providing extra OS cursors(?)

Me, I'm not looking for a cursor that changes into just a plus sign (etc) when hovering above a portal, because that single need could still be solved with info on the portal itself. I *would* like that the cursor would be able to change depending on the pressed modifier key hovering above a named object, so you could tell in a tooltip eg. "press Shift to add, Alt to subtract". If the cursor then could change into e.g. + and - depending on the modifier keys, the user wouldn't have to look or remember the tooltip info and it would be more of a joy when using somewhat more extensive portal scripts.

Anyway. No expectations, just throwing some ideas :

Me, I'd rather have less features that are better tested / dependable than too many that are undependable, esp. after the promising Gap_Filler disappointment...

Edited by Guest

Me, I'm not looking for a cursor that changes into just a plus sign (etc) when hovering above a portal, because that single need could still be solved with info on the portal itself. I *would* like that the cursor would be able to change depending on the pressed modifier key hovering above a named object, so you could tell in a tooltip eg. "press Shift to add, Alt to subtract". If the cursor then could change into e.g. + and - depending on the modifier keys, the user wouldn't have to look or remember the tooltip info and it would be more of a joy when using somewhat more extensive portal scripts.

very interesting idea! thanks for that :)

• Newbies

Please could you also include the ability to kill a task / process by partial name

I currently use Send Event to execute the following to force a fake "please wait" to close

taskkill /f/m "my_task.exe"

Howver it would be a lot better using a plugin to run this and bypass the quick flash of the command prompt, along with getting feedback...

Should be an easy one for you ;-)

very interesting idea! thanks for that :)

Been pondering some more on that...

Ideally, I guess it would require a "specify..." calculation option in the Object info palette, or a more restricted possibility to specify things like

If ( hover[object name] and Get( ActiveModifierKeys) = 1 ; showCursor("plus"))

[object name] should not even be necessary, because you would already be specifying it in the object's palette.

However, that doesn't belong to the realm of plugins, I think...?

Could e.g. also be useful to specify a cursor when hovering over calc fields that can't be edited, to provide extra feedback.

But, there may be a less elegant and less optimal 2nd best option that *can* use a script triggered with an event plugin from inside a tooltip that's on the full portal. Those *could* act on modifier keys and set a cursor. I just don't know if you could get the cursor to reset in a satisfactory enough way when not hovering the portal/object anymore. There may lie the biggest disadvantage.

-

Whether you could make printers switch or not, it might still be useful for a List Printers function that could put all printer names into a field, like you do with processes. It's always handy when you do get that functionality somewhere else and the user doesn't even know where to get his printer names or type them in correctly; then you can make them pick one.

Edited by Guest

Please could you also include the ability to kill a task / process by partial name

Should be an easy one for you ;-)

Yea It should be, that will most likely be in the next release :)

But, there may be a less elegant and less optimal 2nd best option that *can* use a script triggered with an event plugin from inside a tooltip that's on the full portal. Those *could* act on modifier keys and set a cursor.

I've just had a quick look and not sure about being able to detect when items are hovered over, but as you say there is the possibility of using tooltips to do stuff, I will experiment :)

Whether you could make printers switch or not, it might still be useful for a List Printers function that could put all printer names into a field, like you do with processes. It's always handy when you do get that functionality somewhere else and the user doesn't even know where to get his printer names or type them in correctly; then you can make them pick one.

Yea that's true, I will try and at least add printer listing :

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions everyone :

This topic is 5952 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.