Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Remove window boarders

This topic is 5822 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you want to remove the borders? If it's to prevent the window from being closed you could use the SecureFM plugin.

• 2 months later...

What I have done to prevent a user closing a window is to set the window distance from top as -34 (negative 34). This slides the top of the window underneath the menu bar, so the user cannot get to the window control and close it. They can only close that window by using one of my buttons.

What I have done to prevent a user closing a window is to set the window distance from top as -34 (negative 34). This slides the top of the window underneath the menu bar, so the user cannot get to the window control and close it. They can only close that window by using one of my buttons.

wouldn't that still allow the user to close the window with a keyboard command?

without a plugin, I think the only way to prevent a window from being inadvertently closed is locking it inside a script. See for instance the Floating Palette demo by Ray Cologon.

But if the user needs to interact with more than one window simultaneously, then another approach would be to check if the palette window is open before the start of any script (and put it back if needed). And give the user a menu command to show / hide the palette... just like Illustrator or word does.

Thanks for the link to Ray Cologon's Floating Pallette. This is a simple technique to lock a newly opened window. The user cannot close it or even click outside it. No choice but to exit it as the developer intended, with a button on the window. Perfect.

This topic is 5822 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.