Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Triggers for database update

This topic is 5914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am new to filemaker and applescript tho i have some years experience in other databases.

I am looking for some way to trigger the execution of a script upon the addition of a record to a table - this record is added by a script which processes incoming emails and formats a new database record.

When each new record is added I need to use information in that record to update other database tables.

Where can I attach a script so that it will execute when a new record is added to the table? Where can I find a good scripting guide to help me build the script?

I need to use information in that record to update other database tables

I need to make sure you're aware that filemaker actually is an implementation of relational approaches, and it's "sacrilegiously" to think of synchronization?

--sd

yes, i am aware. i started work on relational databases in 1978.

when a new event record is added to the database I want to use that event as a trigger to calculate and write information to another table - to update information about the rate of events for a specific item, the current state of that item and so forth.

Why should it be updated, unstored fields only exhibit values when shown.

It would be beneficial to know what the fields/tables are in the two instances, an outline of what was supposed to be scripted ...too!

embed a calc field in one record which updates fields in another record...

No it's the other way round, you toss some data in one table and it gets morphed when presented in the other ...over the relation! Most commonly via an aggregate function, or a custom function involving:

http://www.filemaker.com/help/FunctionsRef-39.html

But there is more to it, the entire entity vs. attribute distinction might mislead you into thinking a script might be what's needed:

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/149069/

Which clearly shows you that the presentation layer not necessarily correspond to where data and field labels actually are stored.

--sd

Edited by Guest

Ok, sure. I have a table of records which are created by a script which intercepts incoming mail messages which contain a formatted network status message.

As each mail message arrives, a new record is added to this table. Calculation fields look up client, equipment and location tables to then select various styles of response and log these in the record.

I then want to perform further calculations and update the equipment record before i finish processing this new status message.

At the equipment record, I want to take the updated information and refresh my statistical information and send some emails.

There is, at no stage, anyone entering data. It is all entirely invisible.

I then want to perform further calculations and update the equipment record before i finish processing

This is sometimes called tagging, but shouldn't it in reality be a newly created record in a join table instead? Despair not here the booking doesn't necessarily need this extra table in between, which would demand a script to get created. In filemaker can you link on a pilcrow delimited field, and make it behave many2many.

http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/265338/

--sd

Its not really that kind of relationship. The alert messages for an item of equipment are out of date as soon as the next one comes in. But, statistically, the frequency of alerts is important.

The detailed information from the LATEST alert is particularly important to someone viewing the equipment record but I cannot see, using a calculation, how to refer to the last record in a one to many relationship so as to extract the detail from the LATEST of the status messages when the equipment record is viewed.

And then I want to know how many errors in the last hour, day, week, month, year. I feel that this information is best stored in the equipment record, and updated incrementally as each error arrives.

I also want to send an email, sometimes, when these statistics are updated. The decision to send, and what to include, is held at the corporate, site and equipment levels.

using a calculation, how to refer to the last record in a one to many relationship so as to extract the detail from the LATEST of the status messages when the equipment record is viewed.

In danger of simplifying the matter out of proportion, would I say the sort order of the relation does it ... completely script free!

This could even be sans calc'fields, just place the field from the related table in the equipment layout, as long as the sort order is opposite the creation order.

--sd

I start at SAE next month here in byron bay in bachelor of digital media (film). :)-)

Havn't really ever had the money for it, I learned the ropes as apprentice in a touring company in live sound! Whether such institutionalized tuition makes sense at all is good question, but I've noticed that Full Sail pupils get the jobs after completed tuition, because of the internship system they provide.

http://www.fullsail.com/

--sd

Haha. That would be nice :)-) The entire file is retained so that the error details records can be analysed - for instance, to see when errors started and stopped, and for statistical information. In my equipment record i intend to show the viewer the details from the last record, but also from the first one (exactly when the issue began). I worked through this sequentially - so I have the detail from the first message, and now cannot get the detail from the last message. If I turn around the sort order, I have the reverse problem. :-)

You can have both or all:

http://www.briandunning.com/cf/308

But we have to distinguish between need to know and nice to know, all statistics should IMHO be a genuine reporting matter but you could cheat a little by using this while entering new records to your solution provided the initial entry is under script control.

http://www.kevinfrank.com/download/kf-fast-summary.zip

This will land the entire summary in a field you can make a part of the reply mail.

Way down in this article is an example on how to tie an applescript to a mail rule:

http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.21/21.09/ScriptingMail/index.html

--sd

Since you're a near total newbie, I think you should attempt this in the easiest way, by scripting. Don't worry about join tables, custom functions, summary fields etc etc.

The three basics of filemaker are tables & fields, layouts, and scripting. You already have a script creating a new record. You can add to that script or write a new one and call the new script from within the old.

Probably the simplest way to write a script is to simply do what you want manually, using the drop down menus. Most script steps simply replicate what you can do manually (those some important ones are only available in scripts).

Write down what you do, then assemble a script, using the Script Step Reference in the Help file as your guide.

Thanks for the input - though I am not sure I understand how to apply this to my problem. The script needs to update the database by itself, in background. The record is created by a script and thereafter everything is automated. There is no user input at any time.

The scripts need to perform a series of complex calculations on the information in the newly added record and then update other tables and spawn other processes.

I had in mind that my scripts would be small, single-function, and linked to the tables and fields themselves, just like a calculation function.

But I keep seeing suggestions about user input, or display windows, and this worries me - perhaps I misunderstood what Filemaker is about. All the transactions in this system happen behind the scenes - without any user involvement at all. It is designed to run unattended.

Did I choose the wrong product? Do I need MySQL or something similar instead?

"I am looking for some way to trigger the execution of a script upon the addition of a record to a table - this record is added by a script which processes incoming emails and formats a new database record."

"I had in mind that my scripts would be small, single-function, and linked to the tables and fields themselves, just like a calculation function."

These statements a little contradictory. If you're creating the record via script, parsing an email, populating fields with the data, and no requiring any user input, then there's no reason the script cannot continue and do other things.

There are (free) plug-ins which can provide "event triggers" upon field-level modifications. But I don't think you either need or want that for what you're proposing. If the 1st step of this process is actually scripted, you would just continue. If it's an AppleScript that started it, then it could call a FileMaker script, via:

do script FileMaker script "Script Name"

("FileMaker script" may be optional, but I always add it; have had problems without it, though can't remember.)

This is rather confusing. Since we are in the AppleScript section, you need to clarify when "script" means an AppleScript and when a Filemaker script. In any case, you can initiate a Filemaker script from within AppleScript just as you can from another Filemaker script (and vice-versa). So once you got the ball rolling, you can get it to roll as far as you want.

I had in mind that my scripts would be small, single-function, and linked to the tables and fields themselves, just like a calculation function.

That part is not going to work - at least not the way you think. Scripts cannot be "linked to the tables and fields" (unless you use a plugin). However, that shouldn't be obstacle, once you clarify what the actual problem is.

"I am looking for some way to trigger the execution of a script upon the addition of a record to a table - this record is added by a script which processes incoming emails and formats a new database record."

"I had in mind that my scripts would be small, single-function, and linked to the tables and fields themselves, just like a calculation function."

These statements a little contradictory. If you're creating the record via script, parsing an email, populating fields with the data, and no requiring any user input, then there's no reason the script cannot continue and do other things.

Without explaining the entire application in detail, the various tasks and updates are not synchronous. For instance, an initial equipment table record is required to be updated when a record is added to the messages table. A weekly update of the equipment record is required to obtain performance statistics which may then spawn emails or other table updates. A daily script will run and generate work orders for any issues arising from the messages received.

"There are (free) plug-ins which can provide "event triggers" upon field-level modifications. But I don't think you either need or want that for what you're proposing. If the 1st step of this process is actually scripted, you would just continue. If it's an AppleScript that started it, then it could call a FileMaker script, via:

do script FileMaker script "Script Name"

("FileMaker script" may be optional, but I always add it; have had problems without it, though can't remember.)

This is rather confusing. Since we are in the AppleScript section, you need to clarify when "script" means an AppleScript and when a Filemaker script. In any case, you can initiate a Filemaker script from within AppleScript just as you can from another Filemaker script (and vice-versa). So once you got the ball rolling, you can get it to roll as far as you want.

That part is not going to work - at least not the way you think. Scripts cannot be "linked to the tables and fields" (unless you use a plugin). However, that shouldn't be obstacle, once you clarify what the actual problem is.

I have found a plugin that looks like it will work. As for the section, this is the only forum which I could find which looked suitable - is there a separate one for filemaker scripting?

this is the only forum which I could find which looked suitable - is there a separate one for filemaker scripting?

Yes.

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showforum.php?fid/36/

I have found a plugin that looks like it will work.

I have no idea what you intend to do, but let me warn you about this: it's a common beginner's mistake to think they need scripts and event-triggered scripting for just about everything. The truth is you should have as few scripts as possible, and limit their use to things like user interface, automated data creation, data import/export, and other auxiliary tasks like that. Using scripts for actual data manipulation is not good practice. That's what calculations and relationships are for. Event-triggered scripts can be nice here and there, but they are almost never REQUIRED, and I would avoid using them for anything critical.

Yes, there's a ScriptMaker section but don't worry about sections, per se, Stephen, we can always move them for you if you guess wrong. But I too was getting confused on which scripting you meant. No prob though ...

Then why did I post? I wanted to welcome you to FM Forums since nobody else did yet! You are being answered by some of the brighest (and nicest people on Forums) and you won't find a better group to help you through your FileMakering issues. And I agree with Comment 100% (if not more). Even advanced Developers can get messed up by using event triggers - they can be great but they can also bite you bigtime. And, I have only needed them twice; usually, good design will solve your problems.

Again, welcome! :wink2:

LaRetta

Yes, there's a ScriptMaker section but don't worry about sections, per se, Stephen, we can always move them for you if you guess wrong. But I too was getting confused on which scripting you meant. No prob though ...

Then why did I post? I wanted to welcome you to FM Forums since nobody else did yet! You are being answered by some of the brighest (and nicest people on Forums) and you won't find a better group to help you through your FileMakering issues. And I agree with Comment 100% (if not more). Even advanced Developers can get messed up by using event triggers - they can be great but they can also bite you bigtime. And, I have only needed them twice; usually, good design will solve your problems.

Again, welcome! :wink2:

LaRetta

Haha. Well I am glad you are also confused - i just learned that there are two types of script - I thought it was all applescript.

This application does the following:

1. A new status message arrives by email to Apple Mail

2. A script processes this mail and creates a new message record

3. Upon creation of this record some stats need to be updated in the equipment master record, using information stored in the master; in previous message records and in other database tables.

4. An email may be sent depending on the outcome of the calculations

5. Daily tasks need to run to evaluate the situation

6. Weekly tasks need to run to evaluate the situation

The message table becomes an audit trail. This means information from other tables must be pulled down to the message table so that they are not affected by changes to the other tables at a later date. I use calculation fields for this, and it was very easy to make this work.

The equipment master table needs to be updated with the current status and the date and time of the last message. There are some specific numerical calculations for some devices.

In my mind, I saw this process as follows:

a) The new messages record is created, and as a result...

:) ... calculation fields automatically populate the audit fields with data pulled down by Lookups from parent records...

c) ... and some mechanism updates the parent Equipment record with some detail from the new messages record, or perhaps only the ID of the new messages record. (I cannot see how to do this without a script.)...

d) ... which fires an automatic update of the Equipment record, using calculation fields or scripts, to update statistics, send emails, create records in support database, etc.

The daily and weekly tasks run automatically based on a schedule.

I have been pointed to some plugins which will allow me to create the event-driven scripts I think, tho filemaker seems to have an odd create-record philosophy of create empty record first and then update the record following user input. So a record-creation event occurs before there is any data... I am not sure how this will work when the record is created by a script. Perhaps it will be created with all the data and my event-driven script will have something to work with :-)

I suppose I am just thinking logically from a real-world process point of view. Not knowing filemaker i am unable to look at my application from a filemaker perspective - which is why I am having problems I think...

It is rather odd to me that you seem to think that you need event triggers based on a field (which is what they are), when everything you've said can and would be done by scripts.

You've sort of mixed up the difference between calculations and lookups; the latter being more appropriate to copying data (and only if necessary; most data can be viewed relationally by related tables without needed to be copied).

"Not knowing filemaker i am unable to look at my application from a filemaker perspective - which is why I am having problems I think..."

Yes, I think that's the crux of the problem. What you want to do is doable. Not simple, but doable. The first thing you need however, is not really the mechanism to "drive" the process, it is the proper relational structure, tables, fields and relationships, to handle the data. You cannot design actions with data without objects to put the data in.

The process would start with AppleScript run by a Mail Rule. But it would quickly pass the data off to FileMaker field(s), and then call a FileMaker script, via the call I mentioned earlier.

The Daily and Weekly scripts are different. They could be run/checked during a "on startup" script, if the files are not on FileMaker Server, but really, they should be, in which case they could be scheduled; FileMaker Server 9 supports scheduled scripts, as long as they require no user interaction. (Never done one myself yet though.)

I don't really see how you can say that creating a record before entering its data is "odd." Perhaps you're used to importing data, in which case the record seems to be created simultaneously; but really it's always created first.

It is rather odd to me that you seem to think that you need event triggers based on a field (which is what they are), when everything you've said can and would be done by scripts.

I need event triggers on

(a) new record being created

(:) field being updated

© time schedule

You've sort of mixed up the difference between calculations and lookups; the latter being more appropriate to copying data (and only if necessary; most data can be viewed relationally by related tables without needed to be copied).

I use calculation fields to copy data from related tables - the record is an audit trail and the data copied down from the parent tables must be static once it is copied and not change when the parent tables change.

"Not knowing filemaker i am unable to look at my application from a filemaker perspective - which is why I am having problems I think..."

Yes, I think that's the crux of the problem. What you want to do is doable. Not simple, but doable. The first thing you need however, is not really the mechanism to "drive" the process, it is the proper relational structure, tables, fields and relationships, to handle the data. You cannot design actions with data without objects to put the data in.

The database design is fairly simple, though the logic is complex. It would be very easy if calculations allowed data in the parent table to be updated. Maybe there is a way to do this and I just don't know what it is...

The process would start with AppleScript run by a Mail Rule. But it would quickly pass the data off to FileMaker field(s), and then call a FileMaker script, via the call I mentioned earlier.

Yes, this is exactly what happens. An Applescript processes the incoming mail message, extracts the data and creates a new record in the messages table. Calculation fields in that table pull down the relevant data which must be preserved for audit purposes.

Here there is a bit missing... I need a method to update the parent record with the ID of the new messages record so that the calculation fields in the parent record are activated, and it can retrieve the data from the new messages record easily.

Then, when the parent table is updated to indicate that a new messages record has been created, various calculation fields are triggered in the parent record. Some of these will call scripts to generate emails, create purchase orders etc.

The Daily and Weekly scripts are different. They could be run/checked during a "on startup" script, if the files are not on FileMaker Server, but really, they should be, in which case they could be scheduled; FileMaker Server 9 supports scheduled scripts, as long as they require no user interaction. (Never done one myself yet though.)

That would be fine - i don't yet have filemaker server, but i have found a plugin which will do scripts on a schedule.

I don't really see how you can say that creating a record before entering its data is "odd." Perhaps you're used to importing data, in which case the record seems to be created simultaneously; but really it's always created first.

I think this depends on the mechanics of the underlying database. But the important thing is that I want to run a script when the record is first created (ie: I don't ever want to rerun the script, no matter what data changes in the record) but i need the fields to be populated. I was using another plugin which worked on RecordCreate, but i will have to use a field-level plugin and figure out how to ensure it only runs once.

You can have both or all:

http://www.briandunning.com/cf/308

This looks very complicated - a lot of file handling to read forward to the end of related records in a flat file. When it gets this difficult it seems to me there is a lack of function in the product. I guess i was expecting it to be easier to find the last record in a selection of records.

But we have to distinguish between need to know and nice to know...

It is often a trade-off whether it is simpler and more efficient to perform the calculation when the data changes, or perform the calculation every time the record is retrieved. If I could easily retrieve the record i wanted from the message table, without having to manually scroll through the records under script control, i would prefer to calculate on retrieval - though the reporting issues may well make this less efficient than updating when a new status message arrives.

... all statistics should IMHO be a genuine reporting matter but you could cheat a little by using this while entering new records to your solution provided the initial entry is under script control.

http://www.kevinfrank.com/download/kf-fast-summary.zip

This will land the entire summary in a field you can make a part of the reply mail.

Nice plugin - but not what I am looking for in this case. :)-) The mail is about the action we have taken in response to the alert - and while all the alerts are used to make that decision, they are not communicated to the recipient.

Way down in this article is an example on how to tie an applescript to a mail rule:

http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.21/21.09/ScriptingMail/index.html

--sd

Ok, well i outsourced this part of the application since I was likely to spin my wheels for some time and i have a deadline!

I was intending to keep the calculations related to a table in that table. In this case, the equipment table is the best place to decide what to do about the status messages for each piece of equipment - since the approach will vary depending on the parameters stored for the piece of equipment or at a higher level.

Filemaker seems very focused on what is happening at the screen - but in this day of web-based transactions many database updates will occur "behind the scenes" without user intervention. Perhaps i chose the wrong product?

Perhaps i chose the wrong product?

Read here what Ernest Koe says about filemaker as database:

http://www.proofgroup.com/articles/2006/jun/filemakery_part_i

In spite of the popular misnomer, FileMaker Pro is not a "database"

But why not study a filemaker'ish way to deal with resource allocations/bookings??:)

http://www.nightwing.com.au/FileMaker/demos7/demo705.html

--sd

Edited by Guest

I have no idea what you intend to do, but let me warn you about this: it's a common beginner's mistake to think they need scripts and event-triggered scripting for just about everything. The truth is you should have as few scripts as possible, and limit their use to things like user interface, automated data creation, data import/export, and other auxiliary tasks like that. Using scripts for actual data manipulation is not good practice. That's what calculations and relationships are for. Event-triggered scripts can be nice here and there, but they are almost never REQUIRED, and I would avoid using them for anything critical.

I can vividly imagine LaRetta rushing down to her local mall to buy a new frame to put this in, very likely to hang on the already densely packed wall of golden Michael Horak quotations :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

--sd

I found your 6-points specification above too vague to allow any specific comment. It could describe almost anything and tells almost nothing about the true nature of the beast. I believe Fenton identified correctly the major problem in your approach: you think of your solution as a series of PROCESSES, instead of analyzing the STRUCTURE first. A database, or a database-driven application, needs to be described first and foremost by its data model. That means tables, fields, relationships, calculations - and only then scripts.

Despite the general vagueness, there is one point in your subsequent descriptions that caught my eye:

It would be very easy if calculations allowed data in the parent table to be updated.

If calculations were to allow data in ANOTHER table to be modified, you would have a redundancy. The correct way to handle this is to have the parent record look at the most recent data in the child table.

For example, let's have a table of Equipment and a table of Messages. Messages arrive periodically to update the status of some equipment attributes. All that's needed here is to store the arriving messages in the Messages table, with the correct date and EquipmentID. Once that is done, each piece of equipment already "knows" its current status by looking at its related data. Copying the same information into the parent table would serve no purpose whatsoever.

BTW, it's VERY easy to get data from the last RELATED record. You can either use the Last() function, or you can change the sort order of the relationship so the last record becomes first. This way, any reference to a related field automatically gets the most recent data.

I need a method to update the parent record with the ID of the new messages record so that the calculation fields in the parent record are activated, and it can retrieve the data from the new messages record easily.

You have it all backwards. You are pushing that your way is right and not listening to those who know a heck of a lot more than you about this business. You may be right about what you THINK you need but don't confuse that with what you need to accomplish it. This has nothing to do with intelligence nor education. This has to do with FileMaker only.

FileMaker is not that difficult; and it is probably more than enough tool for your needs. But you must (many times) change perspectives and attempt to grasp things which seem to go against nature. For instance, being told to turn into a skid ...

And yep, Soren, elegance excites the heck out of me and I'd plaster my whole house with it if I could!! :laugh2:

Edited by Guest

Here there is a bit missing... I need a method to update the parent record with the ID of the new messages record so that the calculation fields in the parent record are activated, and it can retrieve the data from the new messages record easily.

Take a look at the above graph ... the first field in the test table calculates the ID of the latest arrived message over the cartesian relation, which then is turned into a new relational key that gets data into the 3 digest fields over the relation, which all are calcfields as well.

This prevents any kind of scripting required to get the latest arrived record and then turning to another layout where the fields data is manipulated if the structure were flat!

--sd

test.jpg

I suppose I am just thinking logically from a real-world process point of view. Not knowing filemaker i am unable to look at my application from a filemaker perspective - which is why I am having problems I think...

Well, FileMaker's just like any other application development environment, in that the goals are the same - you're trying to model user and system processes in an application. I don't think it's a bad thing that you're looking at your application from a process model first - but I would call your 6 points a rough requirements or feature list, just to step back from development-specific terminology. Mainly because how you implement this will be an integrated mix of data modeling and scripted processes.

Implementing those requirements DOES require some understanding of how the FileMaker data and process model works, however, and I think that's where you're getting hung up. Fenton pointed earlier to the best method of building this out, and it sounds like you're on that track anyway.

That said, here are some items that I get hung up on reading your posts:

I have been pointed to some plugins which will allow me to create the event-driven scripts I think, tho filemaker seems to have an odd create-record philosophy of create empty record first and then update the record following user input. So a record-creation event occurs before there is any data... I am not sure how this will work when the record is created by a script. Perhaps it will be created with all the data and my event-driven script will have something to work with :)-)

If the question here is a chicken-and-egg thing - "how can I update all my other bits and pieces if my new record is blank?" - then the answer is, you update all your other pieces after you're done populating the new record with data and have committed it. e.g. in pseudo-scriptmakerese

New Record/Request

Set Field[myfield1; "testdata"]

Set Field[myfield2; "moretestdata"]

Commit Record/Request

[...update various other audit tables...]

[...evaluate parent record, other records to see if email needs to be sent, and create email if needed...]

Note that since your New Record FileMaker script will be called from the AppleScript that scrapes the data from Apple Mail, you don't need an event trigger in FileMaker itself - AppleScript will handle the trigger.

The evaluations you need to perform would be handled in the same above script. In other words, anything that would be triggered as a result of a new record being created, however conditional, would be handled in that one FileMaker script called from AppleScript. You'd be using control script steps like If[] ElseIf[] Else[] EndIf[], etc to check your various calculations to see if any conditions return true, and so on.

As LaRetta says, this is a bit backwards, though I know what you're trying to do. Here's the thing: if your data model is correct, then given a Parent record in a Parent table and a newly created Messages record with an appropriate Parent foreign key, there's nothing to "update". The relationship between the two table occurrences should allow you to grab whatever you need from either context. That's why folks are emphasizing looking at the data model, and thinking about solving your problems through data modelling and calculations.

How to grab the most recent message from the Parent context: Define the relationship between Parent and Messages as sorted, descending, based on creation timestamp. The most recent message will now be the first record retrieved in any reference to the related messages table.

FileMaker's an unusual product in that relationships and calculations provide a lot more power than equivalent functionalities in other database products, and you'll be served well by exploring them extensively. Everything you want to do is eminently possible, and I think what you're experiencing here is some unfamiliarity with the product combined with some nomenclature issues.

Edited by Guest
Updated to mention sorts in relationships.

Just a few points, the first being a repetition of what I said earlier:

1. You are reversing the meaning of "calculation" and "look up". A calculation will always re-evaluate when the fields within it are changed. This is not "historical" data, in the same sense that a lookup is.

As comment pointed out, it may be that you do not need so much data redundancy. You do not always need to set the same data in different tables, in a proper relational design; though there are also reasons why you might want to, for reports. But there's no way for us to advise on this until we see the structure and the uses you want to put it to.

2. I've seen, and participated in several threads on MacScripter.net where AppleScript gurus were running through all kinds of convoluted steps to run FileMaker, when all they needed to do was pass FileMaker the data, then call a FileMaker script. It was because they knew AppleScript better than FileMaker. I see no reason for AppleScript to be involved after initiating the process.

3. After the FileMaker script has been called, there is no reason why it could not do everything you ask, as long as you've given it sufficient data to do so. There is no need for event-triggers within a FileMaker script; it's already running and it can do anything (within reason).

After the FileMaker script has been called, there is no reason why it could not do everything you ask, as long as you've given it sufficient data to do so. There is no need for event-triggers within a FileMaker script; it's already running and it can do anything (within reason)

True, and when you think about it could the applescript tied to the rule in mail, actually act on stuff in the mail such as finding the end date of an month or a week, and call a different native filemaker scripts accordngly, unless the flow into the inbox is irregular or seldom. I mean you could always just for the hell of ot tie a rule to a mailinglist subscription covering Britney Speers fate... plenty of triggers there!

--sd

This topic is 5914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.