Looking for Filemaker IWP hosting

This topic is 4786 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having a big problem getting IWP running on a new server (see other post in IWP forum if you're curious). I need to get this thing up fast, so I'm thinking of finding a host for it until I solve problems in-house.

Any recommended hosts? The database is about 10MB. I'd need to give IWP access to about ten users. Direct Filemaker use will be by me alone. Use will be VERY light. Inexpensive is preferred, as this will come out of my own pocket (a volunteer job that's gone awry). No need for a custom domain name; this will be used only by these ten folks.

Thanks!

There's another little problem too...

FMP will only web publish for 5 concurrent users, FMServer will handle 100 so you may need to consider hosting your file under FMServer - but that will bump the cost.

check these out

http://www.dbdom.com/

http://www.triple8.net/hosting_filemaker.htm

both offer a free trial and I trialed one myself and a colleague of mine is hosting on the other one.

• 1 year later...

worldcloud.com will provide you with a FileMaker Server for your FileMaker Hosting platform with Open Remote, IWP , php web publishing engines installed and ready to go, starting at $50/monthly -

worldcloud.com provides dedicated servers across its multiple regional datacenters - you may specify region and choose your server timezone - your choice of Windows 2003, Windows 2008 and OSX Server operating systems -

visit our online configuration page to get started -

http://worldcloud.com

[email protected]

• 1 year later...

I would avoid WorldCloud. When DBDOM went out of business they left a mess of crashed servers, unbacked-up customer data and lack of communication.

WorldCloud is, at least in part, a by-product of DBDOM. They have the same business model, originally the same founder who the current owner claims to have purchased the company from and a reflection of DBDOM's history on their 'About' page. And they now seem to be suffering the same doom.

Recently after having my billing messed up, I couldn't reach anyone by phone, chat, email or support ticket (which is still open almost 2 weeks later). I couldn't access my databases anymore via FM Server and I couldn't close my account with them. Finally, after a short phone call, I was able to request that my account be canceled but have never been able to get any confirmation from them and my databases are still hosted. Again, no communication and I only have client access to my databases (which shouldn't even be up anymore.

I was very lucky to have had my own current backups with DBDOM and now with WorldCloud but it still takes many hours to replace a credit card if you can't trust the vendor who has your number.

It would really be nice to see FMI improve their server model to allow more businesses to get into the FMP hosting game. There are some other really good hosting companies out there but it would be nice to see more.

Special rate for FMPUG members at foxtailtech.com (aka thedroolingdog.com). I have a client hosting there and the service and support has been very good.

This topic is 4786 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.