Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SuperContainer Tip...

This topic is 5864 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When uploading files instead of putting ALL my eggs in one basket I found it easier for backup & archival purposes to store images in sub directories.

During the upload part of the script I add into the path a Year/Month/Roll# subdirectories so that I can see when looking at the server all images that were imported in the 3rd month of 2008

This way I can burn a DVD once a month for each month of imports.

the folder hierarchy looks like:

• 3 weeks later...

It's a little complex but in a nutshell, I start by present the user with a set of global fields to fill in. Asking for data regarding the the set of photos they are importing.

next they confirm the information and then choose an inserted media card or choose an option to select a directory to import from - In this case I am using FileManipulator plugin-to target the directory.

Then I use the path from the previous step to target the folder and import images using FileMakers built in Import Folder of Images. into a utility table - however I do not import the image only the file name it's path etc.

Then after some other processing I loop thru the found set of imported records passing the location of where the file IS (in a local folder or media card) and target SC path

like SCSetContainer( system::SC_FilePath ; system::mediaPathFileName)

Since each record knows the month and year it was created by creation timestamp I can generate the needed SC File Path to include that in the string

2008/04/2033/76550

YYYY/MM/ROLL/RECORD_ID

(the "Roll" is an internal identifier for our process)

Then on the server I can look in to Volumes/SuperContainer/Files/Photos/2008/04/2033/76550/ there will be CIMG0003.JPG image

This topic is 5864 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.