Server Maintenance This Week. ×

XSL Linefeeds

Kiwi

This topic is 5100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an XSL sheet for creating CSV data files.

It strips any extra return characters and commas from the data and creates the CSV without having quotes around all the data.

The trouble is I need to have carriage return+line feed as the EOL char. For some reason I am getting two carriage returns + line feed. Please see attached CSL file. Any help greatly appreciated!

data.xsl.zip

• 1 month later...

Are you really trying to strip out (in this order):

"," CR LF

? If so, you might not be actually stripping them out, and therefore are keeping them AND adding the $crlf at the end.

Maybe you need to do this:

Thanks for the reply Beverly. However the Translate function is working fine. The problem is not in the charaters I am taking out of the data, it is in the CRLF I am trying to put in. The $crlf variable does not output a simple crlf sequence.

cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I've run into this a few times in the last 2 weeks. IF your xsl:output _method_ is "text", then you must, let me repeat: MUST, optimize your XSLT. What that means is remove any and ALL whitespace from between and around tags and text, unless the text is intended to be included.

What you are seeing (on windows) is the additional whitespace (returns) that are in the XSLT. It shouldn't be that way, they should be [color:red]IGNORED, but there appears to be a bugglet there (windows only, as mac does not require the optimization).

Try it and let us know if that's the solution.

• 1 year later...

Hi Beverly,

Do you have any insights into when/or if FMI will fix this bug ? We are at FM11 already and still the bug remains...

This is really silly. I'll try stripping out any stuff that is in my template...

I am still getting the extra lines... could you help out ?

I'll include the xsl... TIA

a_simple_sheet.xsl.zip

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.