Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem in the runtime version

Pat

This topic is 5714 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I tested a solution with the security setups and menu controls as I wanted them and everything worked fine. So I created the runtime solution and proceeded to start testing.

The solution is set up to import a file of background information into the solution. Then it imports (asking you to locate the file) some names. I thought it worked okay, except when I went to print the list of names with background info, it didn't print the names, just the background.

Yet, this all worked in the solution before I bound it into a runtime. I'm stumped!. Any ideas? Thanks for your assistance.

Okay, this is seriously bugging me!! I have spent so much time to get absolutely no where on this problem. Help!!!

I literally perform the same steps in the regular solution file, and I get the correct report with everything in it, as it should be.

I duplicate the same steps in the runtime copy, and I get blanks in two of the columns, and in the title area.

What does putting it into a runtime version do to produce this?

I duplicate the same steps in the runtime copy

What do you mean by that? It doesn't sound like you are taking the solution file and creating a runtime with it--it sounds like you have two files (your solution file and another file that will be the runtime.)

If you provide some scripts details, tables and fields, we might be able to help. There are script steps that aren't supported by the runtime engine...but at this point it is random guessing at what could be wrong. You mention imports, I'm thinking you might have a hard-coded path name that is failing.

Sorry to confuse, so let me try and clarify. I have a file from which I make the runtime. When I thought the file was finished, I made the runtime from it. Before making the runtime, I opened a copy of the file as a 'user' and put it through its paces to make sure everything worked as I had planned. It did, so I thought I was ready to make the runtime version. I did. I then made a copy of it, and opened the file as a 'user' and that is when I noticed a problem.

I have figured out the importing issues, and everything works fine except for one little thing: on a report, two titles at the top of the page do not print. These are inserted fields (i.e. <>) and are global fields in the table. They do print in the non-runtime version. I tried changing them to non-global fields to see if that changed anything, and it didn't.

I appreciate the response, and hope you may have some insight into this glitch.

Thanks, IdealData, I did specify the files. The runtime version 'works' except for ignoring the title on the report.

The globals are passed as early, when the choice of room is made, if I am recalling correctly (this is the next step in checking). The puzzling part, like I said, is that the titles appear when I use the solution as itself (running it with FMP) prior to converting to a runtime.

This is a solution I am hoping to market, and as it is not a 'biggie' I was not wanting the user to have to own FMP, hence the runtime version.

Globals have to be set. (My guess is you got rid of the values in those fields when you created the runtime.)

Try adding a set field Script step to set the globals to the values you want before displaying them, and create a new runtime from it and test.

This topic is 5714 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.